Thursday, December 24, 2009

Critmat Eve

Have you ever noticed that there is a LOT to do at this particular time of year? I mean, JEEZ! I still have to get the turkey breast to cook tomorrow! One cannot have Christmas dinner without the obligatory turkey. I know many of you out there have ham or some other sort of meat, but I have not eaten a mammal since I was 18. That was 26 years ago! Wow. I'm old!

I have been lax about taking any snow pictures or even pictures of our front door. It's looking very pretty. There's a big old garland out there made of balsam and white pine and I've tied on some pretty maroon ribbon. We've also strung the flower boxes and garland with white sparkle lights. It's very cozy looking.

So far no ornaments on the tree. I know. It's Christmas Eve for heavens sake! Today we MUST go to the grocery store and then later we are having a fun dinner at my husband's Father's house. They live in the next town over, so it's a quick and easy trip.

Exciting news is that we're talking about a vacation now! Last year we went to Puerto Rico and stayed at the Ritz in San Juan. It's seriously the easiest trip - you can take a non-stop flight from Boston and POOF, you're there in a few short hours. The weather was SUBLIME, I tell ya. If you don't live somewhere with four seasons, the whole vacation thing isn't so special, I'd think.

Anywho, we are upcited (as my friend June would say) about going back there to the warmth and tropicalness probably sometime in February.

Here are some dreamy photos from our room from last year. Yummm.





The weather seriously was perfection. Mid-80s, no humidity and a pleasant breeze to cool you off.

So, on THAT note, I must go prepare for Critmat. That is what my husband and I call it. I have not idea why!

Merry Ho Ho, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa and good tidings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment