Friday, February 12, 2010

Smuggler's Cove

I think there will be just one more day after this one of our vacation pictures. We have a ton more, so I'll just pick some random ones to put up here tomorrow. Only wish I could include the sound of the surf and the nice, warm breeze as part of the picture-viewing process...I guess that's the thing about tropical islands - it's not just the pretty ocean and plants, it's the smell, the sounds, and the feel of the air. It's just different.

This post is dedicated to Smuggler's Cove. It's a tucked-away beach, probably a half mile or more of white sand and then coral on each end. There are small reefs to the right and to the left of the beach, and it's far more calm than the beach you find at our hotel on Long Bay. The surf in front of our room was pounding, roiling, BIG! No one was swimming at Long Bay this time around.

Here are some of the critters we saw while snorkeling at Smuggler's Cove. The coral is not in great shape, but there were a number of good fish to see:




Isn't that octopus adorable? Such a good photo - taken by my husband!

Here's the beach itself:

(Please pardon my goofy expression!)

Here is the view from my beach chair on our last day. I love palm trees with all my heart!

The adorable little beach bar. The blender was run by a long cord attached to a big battery that sat in the guy's truck! Most ingenious!
We ate lunch there twice. He made the best barbequed chicken! Served with rice and beans.

Last photo is a great shot that my husband took while he was out snorkeling. Check out the colors in the water in the background. SO gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment