Monday, May 31, 2010

Post-Birthday Post

Did I mention it was my birthday yesterday? It was. It was my 45th birthday.

I am now officially on my way to old.

However, I did it up in style! I wore my adorable blue and white Tommy Bahama skirt and a crisp white linen shirt. I wore my pretty sapphire and diamond earrings that were a gift from my husband a few years ago, and I wore adorable J.Crew flip-flops that are navy ribbon with white polka dots. I was cute.

We went out to eat at a new, very hip eatery in Salem called The Greenland Cafe. Terrible name, if you ask me. But they had good food - on its way to great, but really interesting combinations. We had a few tapas and a lovely watercress salad. It was nice to do something a bit different.

Then, we attended my little Birthday-Sister's party. She is this adorable, cute, little five year-old name Anna that lives across the street from my Father-in-Law's house. The parents emigrated from Ireland and are simply the nicest people ever! Anywho, I have never in my life met anyone that shares my birthday except Anna, so we are birthday sisters now! She's just the cutest! She proudly took me around to show me all the special things she got for her birthday...Lots of fairy-princess things and pink stuff. Same as when I was 5!

After that, we went to a cookout party at one of my husband's highschool friend's house. Really nice people. We stayed out until 11pm. That is equivalent to 4am in middle-aged years! It was really a fun time.

Also? I fixed my neighbor's pot and mine. There was something just a titch off about those planters. I just wasn't satisfied with the way they looked, so I added one more plant to each. I feel much better now! I really have issues with my fleurs! Can you tell? It's ridiculous!

So, here are the finished products:
I am happy with them now.

Here are a few other spots out in the side yard that are looking very nice now, too...I added a few annuals here and there to fill things in:



Here is some of my dianthus that are blooming their little heads off. I planted these 9 years ago!

And another look at these gorgeous Icelandic poppy flowers:The color is so rich and pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday! I'm a year behind you and yes, it does feel like we're headed on that downward slope. But whatever, I'm still having fun and it looks like you are too. Isn't that all that matters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great birthday. I am a little *cough* older, but definitely not wiser. When does that happen?

    I really love those pots. I know I told you before, but the one you made for your neighbor is pretty terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't understand a word of this, because I'm not 45 yet.

    ReplyDelete