Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holy Heat and High Humidity

OH. MY. GOOD. LORD. ON. EARTH.

This weather BLOWS, as my teenage brother-in-law would say. I say it SUCKS! Funny that sucks and blows means the same thing, you know, sort of. Well, let's not go down that road, right?!!

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY, would someone please turn off the furnace outside? Please? And the humidifier? Could we please give that a rest for the remainder of the year? PLEASE? I am SO done with this humidity crap I could scream!

We've got 95 degrees and VERY high humidity which makes it feel like about 100. It is September tomorrow. HELLOOOOO? Could we turn on the fall weather for a minute? I never, ever remember having a summer like this in Massachusetts before. NEVER. We might get a week of this crap, but this is really, really getting ridiculous? It never stops! Oh, wait, unless it decides to rain for 5 days and then we get flooding and misery in that direction.

I'm just saying Mother Nature is PISSED off at us and has been showing us what she can do! Man! Some crazy shi*t out there!

And I'm sorry I have not been blogging regularly. I've been wicked busy (bonjour, fellow Massachusetts people - you know of the "wicked" busy saying!). Aside from having houseguests (again. I know.) I have been busy busy with my new client getting pretty houseplants put in their proper places, then shopping for ceramic pots for all of them (30 in all!), then had the daunting job of planting them all in the pots yesterday and the lugging them BACK to their proper locations throughout her sprawling house! My right hand is SOOO sore today from carrying the bags of soil hither and yon and then carrying the heavy ceramic pots with soil and big plants all around. Whew. It was quite the job!

Good news is that they look fantastic and she's already hiring me to do more plants inside, then I'm decorating her front door with a garland and swag and then she wants to buy pots for her front porch and have me fill them with fall plants! Isn't that so exciting?!! I'm psyched! Oh, and she's also hired me to put together a pretty gift with a certain plant for a friend of hers! Definitely keeping me busy and out of trouble!

In other world news, I picked my first eggplant!
Isn't he just so adorable? I love his roundness!

Got these yummy local tomatoes at a garden center the other day:There is absolutely nothing better than tomatoes at this time of year. They are glorious!

My bonsai schefflera is doing fabulously well! Look at this adorable new leaf:It's a little over the size of a nickel. SO cute!

Had another Black Swallowtail in the back yard:
There are butterflies out there constantly this year. Lots of those Painted Lady butterflies and I just saw a couple of Monarchs today!

Mongo the butterfly bush is now officially over 17 feet tall. I went up to the deck with a tape measure and then dropped it to the ground to see how ridiculously huge this thing has gotten. It's verging on 18 feet. Oy vay!That's not normal!

And last time I was outdoor plant shopping, of course, I bought myself a couple goodies! Just some rubrum to add some seasonal color.
I like them in there with the nasturtiums and bolotonias that I planted a while back. Nice color combo.

So, that gets you up to the current day. Nothing too exciting going on...Oh! One more bit of news. The cute kenilworth ivy that I had in the flower boxes? They bit the dust. Grim reaper came to claim them. They died. Dead. Bye bye. Adios. So I ripped them out of 5 of the flower boxes on Sunday and replaced them with the cute purple million bells that I had ordered months ago! I had been growing them in pots, so I just took them out of the pots and plunked them in the flower boxes! They seem to be happy in their new location, so that's exciting! I'll take a picture when they get more established and a bit bigger!

Lastly? Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary! Woo HOOO! 8 years and I haven't killed him yet! Just kidding! It's been a wonderful 8 years! Yaaay for us!

Ok. That's all she wrote!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment