Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall fleurs are flourishing!

So, I've still got plenty of planty type things going on over here despite the cooler temperatures and waning sunshine. MAN, is the angle of the sun SO different right now! What a difference a month makes!

I've actually been sitting in the sun for the last hour and a half - plopped a beach chair on the back porch where it was protected from the wind, and I sunned my legs and arms! Felt fabulous, but now my feets are cold! Only in the low 60s today...

Anywho, I took some photos for your eyeballs to enjoy. Shall we take a peek? K.

My rubrums are doing wonderfully - lots of those tufty guys coming out!


New phlox blooming by the stonecrop:Pretty combination.

My annual salvias are still going QUITE strong:


Nasturtiums are covered in blooms on this side of the yard:
I love those frilly guys in the inside of the flower! So cute!

Thought I'd take a shot of my street - loads of tourists roaming around here:


Pretty asters that have reseeded here...I love that when they reseed they revert to their original form which is tall and spikey with tiny flowers: I love that the seeds have the ability to do that - revert to their original or more ancient forms. Like when a viola or even a pansy reseeds? Often it comes back as a Johnny-Jump-Up, the most ancient form of the flower. LOVE that sh*t!!

Lamium is just LOADED with blooms: There was something about this summer where ALL of my lamium plants have done exceptionally well...I've got quite a few - three big ones in the back yard and then this one and five others in the side yard. All have spread spread spread like crazy this year!

I've got a few echinacea left:
There's another aster that planted itself there behind the echinacea! Surprise! I've got a few other asters here and there, as well!

And, lastly? The mystery plant (weed) in the planter with the forget-me-nots are going to bloom!
I thought it was milkweed from the leaves, but it's not! Will have to see what develops!

Ok. I'm off to walk the doggies and have a snack. One lonely little taco for lunch did not fill me up at all!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians who read this (all of zero), eh?

4 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmmmmmmm...have no idea what that plant is.
    Looks like canna or calalily leaves.
    Not the center of it though.
    Time will tell. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my comment just went into thin air.
    If you have a word thingie that I have to type.....it did. sniff. :0(
    I'm always clicking on Comment and rushing off and never see the dang thing.
    Catch you hopefully next time.
    It's the CRS thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good friend of mine lives in Ottawa - I'll pass along a belated Happy Thanksgiving to her! I can't believe how many blooms you still have. And I'm with you on the sun - I sat in the sun reading yesterday and it was heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely out of my element here because the only plants I know how to identify are the ones that are trying to kill me, like the rosa rugosa, the bittersweet, the pokeweed, and the poison ivy. Okay the pokeweed might not be trying to kill me but it IS trying to stain my life purple by way of the bird poop.

    Still, I thought I'd swing by and say hello and thank you for visiting my blog. I'm on Lower Cape, by the way, in case you don't get back there to see the comment I left in reply to yours.

    Also, I just spent the past five minutes making the hungry fish chase my cursor around.

    ReplyDelete