Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snooki revisited and holiday evergreens

So, a friend of mine who attended our Halloween party uploaded her pictures today to one of those online album thingies...

Amongst the fun pictures from Halloween, I found a full body shot of yours truly all decked out in my orange Snooki-ness!

Ready for it?

It's pretty horrible!


It's too bad I wasn't looking at the camera, but you can definitely get the gist of my get-up, anyway!

Here's a nice picture of my husband - The Sitch (short for Situation, of course!) - and Snooks:
I had to crop out the other person in this photo because she's sorta famous and I don't want to spread her picture around the web if she doesn't approve it first.

The friend who sent the photos to me today was dressed for the party as Joan from Mad Men. She looked GREAT!

In other world news, I did a big decorating job today. Six large planters and then I still have to do a wreath for this client. I'll take photos next time I'm there. The planters came out beautifully this year. Much prettier and more grandiose than in past years.

First I headed to my beloved Marblehead Garden Center and bought LOADS of greens, a garland and three wreaths. I was a good girl and only bought one wreath for myself. The garland and 2nd wreath are for my neighbor who asked me to decorate her door and planter next week.

I bought many prettys - oregonia (looks like variegated boxwood), boxwood, incense cedar, regular pine boughs, red pine, blue-berried juniper, and some other cute, fluffy type of pine. I also had on hand some preserved flowering eucalyptus and lots of curly willow. The planters all look VERY pretty.

While I was in the middle of working, a woman yelled out to me from the fence asking if she could please come in and see what I was doing! Turns out it was my client's neighbor and she is VERY fond of this garden and the planters and pretty things I put in there! She said she has a perfect view of the garden and she enjoys looking at it every day from her windows! She then raved on and on about how pretty the planters looked and told me how happy she was to have such beauty in her neighborhood! When she left she thanked me for beautifying the world! Very sweet, no?

So, that's all I gots for today. I'm having some friends over for dinner tonight, so I must start thinking about cooking - am making chicken fajitas! Yumm!

Hope you're having a fine Monday or Tuesday or whenever you read this!

Ciao~

1 comment:

  1. The git up looked great as I'm sure the planters will.
    Sure doesn't look like you are taking it easy.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete