Yesterday? The day before? The day before and the day before that? Not so much. Rain, mist, cold, windy, gross and mostly just completely unpleasant in every way. YUCKO!
And, I know I've been quite remiss about this here blog, but for VERY good reason. As I mentioned in the last posting, I have been knee-deep in a huge, huge garden doing perennials, annuals, pots, planters - everything you can imagine for a giant garden. It's been great doing it, but really exhausting. Luckily we are nearing completion and I'm really hoping the owner will let us photograph everything. We did a huge vegetable garden, as well, on this property. Really something else!
In the meantime, I had promised you all photos of the pretty garden I've been working in for the last 4 years. I have moved a zillion plants, re-designed the whole thing, added a zillion perennials, weeded, trimmed, shaped and basically created this gorgeous shaded paradise! I love love love being in this garden because it's very serene and it flows perfectly from front to back. I did up the annuals a few weeks back and they are already also looking spectacular!
So, let's see, shall we?
The view from the front gate:
The planter out front:
The hanging baskets:
The gorgeous planter by the deck:
And then one more shot of the whole garden.
I'll go back this week or early next week to see if the peonies have bloomed and to do a bit of maintenance, as the owner is away for this week and next. I do adore going over there and seeing the fruits of my labor! So fun!
So, here I go to change into some more comfortable duds and then maybe I'll do a bit of planting in my own yard! What a novel idea! Yesterday I cleared out two entire yard waste bags full of overgrown lilac branches and holly branches and other crud that had taken over the side garden. It looks worlds better, but a little bare, so I did buy some annuals and a pretty perennial boltonia to go out there. Also got some beautiful blue-colored corydalis for the back yard! I'm a big, big fan!
Ok. I'm outta here!
Hope all is well with you and yours!
Ciao!



This is called "eye candy." :0)
ReplyDeleteI on the other hand have not been out in my yard or done one thing with it.
It's called "eye sore." :0(