Here are the three that came out the best...I just took these today!
Isn't that exciting? I worked my arse off on these flower boxes, so I'm very relieved that my hard work paid off! Yaaay me! : )
In other world news, our dog, Sadie, is back in one of her "bad" phases. Not that she's a bad dog - far from it. She's the sweetest dog I've ever known and has not one mean bone in her body. Problem is, that her bones are just so frail and arthritic and her muscles are not far behind in the strong department. She's a mess. Dementia, arthritis, can't walk all that well, sometimes can't stand all that well, she poops in the house ALL THE TIME, paces, and is generally a mess. Then, the "bad" cycle goes away for a few days and she is alert, is happy, loves her walks, is waggy as all get-out and is more herself.
How do you know when it's "time?" Is the question of the century. When she's in a bad phase, it's just hard to watch. And the vet reminds us that we have to do what's right for her and not worry about what may be hard for us to watch...Is she still wanting to be in the world? Yes. Does she have interest in food? OHHH YES! Does she enjoy life? Treats? Walks? Still wants to go out? Yes yes yes to all of those...
Just look at her adorableness. This is her new thing:
So, for now, we forge ahead with her...Hoping to make her last days, weeks or months as happy as possible. So, that's the scoop on that.
Our other dog, Koty? Perfect. Couldn't be better, in fact! Perfect annual check-up last month, full of energy, and he's a 12-year-old, very large dog that still plays with his toys! He loves his toys! He's just a delight! So we are so thankful he's doing well after his ordeal this spring.
Here's some of what's happening in the garden...
I'm harvesting cherry tomatoes and pickling cukes all the time! I currently have 7 cukes and umpteen tomatoes:
The back yard has exploded! The hydrangeas have gone mad this summer! Grow grow growing to unexpected heights:
The other butterfly bush, also known as MONGO, is soaring to new heights. About 20 feet now, I had feared we would lose this incredible specimen over the winter. Snow upon snow piled up on it and broke some of the major branches, but it obviously rebounded! Just look at this monstrosity!
Basil and chives are doing well:
This is a cool thingy I have back there, as well...A curly willow that I have kept going for 3 years!! I bought these curly willow branches at Stop and Shop to add to some spring arrangements I had done. Well, lo and behold, the things sprouted leaves and grew and grew and grew! They die off in the winter, and then come right back in the spring! It continues to grow and I don't have the heart to do anything except let it keep growing! Look at this!
Then, here's the scene with the tall phlox in bloom:
And last, but certainly far from least, my little dwarf fig tree that I transplanted to a bigger pot and then put outside in June...It is flourishing:
Ok...This is the world's longest post, which will make my mom and dad happy (Hi Parents!), but for others, I'm sure you're bored silly by this point!
Hope you all had a great weekend and a great week this week!
Ciao for now!



WOO HOO...YAY...CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE FLOWER BOX COMPETITION! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. EVERYTHING ELSE IS LOVELY, TOO. AND SADIE IS JUST A LITTLE OLE MUSHBALL. XXOO
ReplyDeleteHurray and congrats on winning the competition! How exciting! Your flowers are quite impressive.
ReplyDeleteCongats, there Lisa! Nice going! I'm with Duffylou, "quite impressive" indeed! And here's Donna's blog that highlighted one of your window boxes: http://streetsofsalem.com/2011/07/30/late-july-downtown-salem/
ReplyDeleteI hope Sadie's fast going to her "good" phase. Ellie Mae's hangin' there. xxo, p
Thank you thank you and THANK YOU to you all! I'm thrilled with the flower boxes and getting the first place win in my category! : )
ReplyDeleteAnd, Penny, thank you for the link to that blog! Very nice!
And, I hope that for Sadie, as well...Poor baby...
I'm thinking about Ellie every day. xoxo
Those flower boxes certainly looked like winners to me! Glad the team concurred! So, it the game on now, already planning for the next contest?
ReplyDeleteSadie is adorable! She's found the perfect pillow.
Your gardens are very lush! What are the purple round thingamajigs with the cukes? Onions?
Again, congrats on the win!!
Hi There!
ReplyDeleteYou have been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award!
http://fleur-de-li.blogspot.com/
I couldn't find an email address to send this privately.
Flower I have many in my blog. Great blog yours.
ReplyDelete