Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dallas Dallas the DOGGIE!

OOOOOOO!

OOOOOO!

I am in loooooooove! Dallas came through a rescue site called bigfluffydogsrescue. Apparently a good samaritan, somewhere, saw this beautiful dog being neglected and left chained outdoors for nearly 3 years.

This doggie, Dallas, I SOOOOOO smart and so special and is absolutely one of the sweetest, nicest, calmest and SMARTEST boys you'd ever want to meet.

The first time we met was at the boarding place that was keeping him temporarily while the rescue place tried to find him a good home. After two failed attempts with people that didn't understand the border collie bossiness (yes, they are!), I found Dallas on petfinder.com . I had typed in "Border Collie" and my zip code. I was looking for a border collie mix, preferably a border/Bernese mountain dog or border/Great Pyrenees mix, as I have settled on those combinations as my most favorite mutts!

WELL! Guess who was at the top of the list? He is 3 years old. Border/Great Pyr. His name is Dallas. And he is SMART, but very sweet. Housebroken and VERY driven. He needed an owner that understood the Border Collie in him, but that could also appreciate his size given the fact that his is half giant dog!! : )

I met Dallas and that was that. He looked like the perfect combination of my boy and girl, Koty and Sadie that I had just lost in September. He had really such great qualities. He's calm and sweet like the Great Pyr, but SMART and driven like the Border. It was pretty much love at first sight. It was rather mutual!

Today when I went to pick him up at 3pm when the boarding place opened, when he heard my voice? He started to bark to be let out of his cage! Then, when they brought him out? He immediately ran to me, plopped onto my foot (as those breeds are wont to do!) and started crying and whining and wagging, all the while gazing up to me with that intense border collie stare! He knew I was coming for him and he had just been waiting for my arrival!

He is currently sound asleep at my feet here in kitchen where my computer is...He has spent the last 5 1/2 hours exploring the house and back yard - he's been out there about 5 billion times! He loves his food, his two walks ( so far), his new toys I got him, his treats and mostly he loves being near me and getting pats and love. He puts his head on my knee and just looks at me lovingly. He LOVES being loved. And being lead and guided along as to what's next!

Below are some photos of our journey home and then two recent pictures that pretty much show the happiness and contentment of my new baby boy.

I can't wait for you all to meet him and get to know him. He's super special...




17 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention? He is soooo silly and funny! We just played for like a half hour and he was adorably zippy and ridiculously funny! Bouncing around like a puppy and running all through the house! I was laughing so hard I hurt! He's just the best doggie! : )

    I lucked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have wished anything more for the two of you than YOU HAVE.
    Someone for YOU BOTH to lavish love on! :0)
    I'm feeling all " warm and fuzzy."
    May you have MANY HAPPY YEARS together. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't hardly stand it! That freckledy nose and those brown eyes! I have just melted into a puddle of "Awwwwww".

    You two were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy beginning! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that face!! Sounds like a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!! I'm so happy for you! he is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he is just what you needed! So happy for you. Love at first sight for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, smart AND funny? The description matches each of you. Congratulations to you both for finding each other. Wishing you many years of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He KNEW you were coming for him....he KNEW it. Yes!!
    And... it has already been worth it. Doggy hugs are THE best.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. big fluffy love bug
    glad you found each other.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pal, Dallas is beautiful. That face is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pal, he is beautiful! Or, should I say, "Handsome?" Put him to work and he'll be a happy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is beautiful! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete