Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lazy Sunday and Online Dating

I realize I've been a bit of a lazy bones about actually writing something for this here blog, but I just really seem to be finding so many great videos or jokes or even that poem that I want to share!

For instance, this one of Christopher Walken dancing:
He's just so darn terrific!

Anyway, I sadly missed 99% of the SAG Awards last night and then spaced out and missed the re-broadcast, as well. Poo. I do love me some award shows. 

I did manage to see a few dresses thanks to a Facebook friend who I know via my best friend's blog, Bye Bye, Pie  - which is hilarious and great and if you haven't read it, you totally should!

Anyway, I'll see if I can find a re-rebroadcast of the SAG Awards so that I can look at dresses and do some critiquing of my own. I will say, however, that that beautiful Lupita Nyong'o looked gorgeous gorgeous again (and Emma Thompson is so funny!):


That is one gorgeous dress.

Ok. Now onto another subject. I've been man-shopping lately. I'm on a few of those online dating websites and MAN, can I just say, what a field of...umm...interesting, weird, oookie and shudder-worthy guys out there. Oy to the vey.

And a lot of times, it's not really even the guys that are so shudder-worthy, but their profiles - the things they are writing about and the (non)words they are using and the misspellings and grammatical errors and misuse or NON-use of punctuation.

For instance, if you like DINING out (as in eating in a restaurant), it's not spelled dinning. Not ever.

Now, really. If you're not even going to spend five minutes to write something correctly, how can I expect you to be a decent guy? If your life is so busy and crazy and out of control that you cannot use spellcheck on this fairly important representation of yourself, then how can I expect that you are going to spend any time paying attention to a new relationship?

And, guys. Please don't talk about being sensual and long, deep kisses and caresses and massaging me in your profile. It's CREEPY! We are ON the online dating site because we want a relationship of sorts and if I met you in person, honestly, would the first thing you say about yourself be that you are sensual and want to be intimate with a woman? No, you might save that for at least the second date, for the LOVE of PETE! 

And, also, dudes? SMILE in your pictures and at least HAVE pictures on your profile and please, only current ones! I would not consider even emailing someone who, again, is so lazy that they can't take 2 minutes to upload a picture. Or if the picture is from 1970. Really? That's just weird. 

JEEZ!

And another little bitty bit of advice? NO. MORE. SELFIES. OF. YOU. IN. YOUR. BATHROOM. 

That is just plain gross. 

And this is the final one. And this is essential. Unless it's a picture of you at the beach or on a boat or otherwise doing something summery and hot that might involve water? PUT. YOUR. SHIRT. ON.

I do not, ever, ever, ever want to see your stomach and chest and a hint of your nether-region unless we have been dating for quite some time and it's time to take it to the next...ahem...level, shall we say? 

Ok. End of rant. 

I'ma go shop for some guys now. Lord give me strength...



2 comments:

  1. My personal pet peeve is people who can't figure out how many ps go in a word. Are you scrapping or are you scraping? Hardly anyone scraps these days, but you wouldn't know that going by the interent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Met my guy on a dating site and he was the first one I dated. Had no need to look further!
    He's not tall, dark and handsome, but he's beautiful inside.
    He is everything I wished for in a man in words and deeds and because of that, I overlook the E.D. due to his age.
    Where there is a WILL there is a WAY! :0) I shit you not!
    Good Luck on your search. (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete