Thursday, September 25, 2014

Monarchs in St. Louis!

Butterflies!

Some of the pretties in my back yard when I lived in Salem, MA.




Butterfly paper that has Forget-me-Not seeds inside!
These were given out at my Grandma and Grandpa's memorial service.
I thought it was just right.

Below is a wonderful little video I just found about Monarch Butterflies! I'm so happy to hear they are still around. In the last several years in Massachusetts we saw a steady decline of Monarchs - last summer we only saw three...Ten years ago, in my back yard which was replete with plantings to attract bees, butterflies and birds (the three Bs apparently!), I'd see hundreds of Monarchs over the summer and especially in fall as they were migrating South. In the pictures above, all the critters were attracted to my gigantic butterfly bushes! They were actually trees - one of them grew to over 20 feet tall and was about 15 feet wide at the top. So beautiful...

CLICK HERE for the wonderful story about Monarchs in St. Louis!

Ciao for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment