These are the views from our campsite as the sun went about its job of setting:
| The Spurr Mountain range |
| The mouth of the Kasilof River |
| Mount ReDoubt (a volcano last active in 2009) |
| Mount Illiyamna |
| The crescent moon |
| The bright orange sky |
| Kelly enjoying the view |
We got home from this trip late in the afternoon on Tuesday, the 2nd of September - I then had to unpack, do laundry, repack, take a shower, eat dinner, sleep for 2 minutes and then hop on a plane to Atlanta! I went to Atlanta, then drove through Alabama to Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi to attend my cousin's graduation for her accelerated pilot training school! She's completely amazing. SO proud of her.
Another blog installment will be pictures of her graduation and then a fancy schmancy Air Force Military Ball! Wowza! Those people know how to have a GOOD time!
Non-sequiter warning!
That's something else about that Oscar Pistorius trial. We still have a long way to go, apparently, before justice will be served for domestic violence survivors and victims.
Did you all get to see the amazing stories told by six women yesterday on Huffington Post? Really powerful stuff. Listen to them HERE.
Ok. Ciao for now! Hope you are all well.
Ok. Ciao for now! Hope you are all well.



I too was a victim of abuse in some form in all 3 of my marriages.
ReplyDeleteTold myself that I would never accept any of that treatment ever again and have been true to myself. Ed treats me like I wish I had been treated all my life.
Glad you found a keeper too.
(((hugs)))