| Summer in Salem, MA is unbeatable. That's the view from my old house. |
| Tomatoes anyone? I overwintered tomatoes in MA all the time! |
| Gorgeous hibiscus that would bloom for me in the winter. |
| Amaryllis that I have had now for like 10 years. |
| Sometimes three or FOUR flowers on one stalk! I've got a dark pink one on my dining room table with FOUR giant flowers and a BIG stalk. Wow. |
| Cute little visitor on the butterfly bush two springs ago. |
My poor peeps in Salem. Getting another storm on Tuesday! Snow Emergency in effect until forever!
They only need to get another 3.7 inches to break the all-time record, so now everyone WANTS the snow! They want bragging rights on the crappiest winter of all time!
Meantime, I'm over here in sunny warm Alaska looking at nuthatches, red polls, chickadees, juncos, wrens, sparrows, Eagles, Magpies and Ravens!! : )
No joke. Bald Eagles fly by and land in my trees every day.
WOW.
Just wow.
Here's an amazingly bright article from the Boston Globe. Great photos, too...
Enjoy. I'm off for lunch.
Ciao for now!



Have an Amaryllis that bloomed. What do I do with it next to have it bloom again?
ReplyDeleteSalem is a town like none other, but then again Alaska is a state like none other. Lucky you to have lived in both. (((hugs)))
If your Amaryllis bloomed, let it die out, water it less and then when the leaves finally poop out on you, cut them off. Then take the dry bulb (it can remain in the dirt) and put it somewhere dark and cool like a basement or garage. Let it rest for 4-5 months until you notice a small bit of growth (leaves) starting - the leaf, leaves will be white. Water the bulb and place it somewhere warm and sunny. It should bloom again in about 1 month as it gains strength. Super cool!!
ReplyDelete