Yesterday my husband and I started the South Beach diet. We've done this before with great success, so let's see how it goes this time around. If nothing else, it forces you to re-think food a bit and also does wonders for the belly! My gut got considerably smaller last time I did this, so I'm really looking forward to that!
Only downside is the not-much-energy you get on this thing. It's sort of like wandering around in a fog. First time I did it, I also exercised regularly and it was really an effort to make myself get out there and do it!
On yesterday's menu was V-8 juice and an egg scrambled with spinach and feta cheese for breakfast. Lunch was a big salad with turkey, cheese, garbanzo beans with a vinaigrette dressing. Snacked on an handful of dry-roasted peanuts. Dinner started with portobello mushrooms cooked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, finished with grated parmesean cheese (this is so delish!). Then I also roasted a big turkey breast, and sauteed some asparagus flavored with white truffle butter.
Not too shabby!
Today, so far have had two of these yummy little vegetable quiche cups made with egg-substitute, cheese, spinach, onion and red pepper. The recipe for this is online and I would recommend these even if you're not on a diet! They're portable, delicious and so easy to make! Also had some V-8 juice and a small diet coke.
Took the dogs for two walks and then did a 1/2 hour power walk. Lunch was salad with roasted turkey and some reduced fat cheddar cheese with balsamic vinaigrette. Snacked on a cheese stick.
All in all, it's been easy food-wise.
My husband and I both had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, and I remember this from the last times we did the South Beach Diet. It's like your body is working overtime to figure out what the HE** is going on? Where are the carbs? Where is all that fat I usually get to pack on? WHERE'S MY SUGAR FIX?
The title of this post really sort of says it all. Think about all the things you eat with carbs in them and then imagine not being able to have any of them!
Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Happy new year! I DO wish you luck, but y'all have done this before and should be able to breeze through. And be bikini ready by spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the vote of confidence Emmaleena! It's always hard at the beginning but gets easier day by day!
ReplyDelete