Thursday, January 7, 2010

Still no flour

We're on Day 4 over here and doing well...Tonight is sauteed sockeye salmon with a garlic-dill-yogurt sauce. Probably will serve that over wilted spinach and maybe have something else on the side. I even had my first meal out with one of my dearest friends today. We met for lunch at a great local restaurant and had their yummy house salad with grilled chicken over it.

Then I had the distinct pleasure of going to the mall and returning a couple things from Christmas. Why do they use so much perfume-y stuff in the hallways at the mall? I'm still all sniffly and my eyes and nose are itching from it. I don't know how anyone works in there. I'd be a big ball of allergy by the end of day one!

So the doldrums of winter have hit. This always happens after the holidays. What's next? Seems there's just a big, long, ominous stretch until we get to springtime. Good news is that I planted an obscene number of bulbs this year. Like 70 tulips and another 70 crocuses all around the front and side of the house. When March rolls around, the little crocuses already start poking their heads up through the snow! And I can't tell you how happy we all are to see them!

Here's one of the areas on the side of the house in the springtime. It never fails to cheer me up! Even at this time of year!



This just looks like spring to me. Even the air looks soft.

Ok...Hoping to do a flower arrangement again either tomorrow or the next day. We desperately need to cheer up the place!

Oh, and I need to show you our new rug! It's very cute. A gabbeh rug! They are kind of neat with little doo-dads and characters woven into the rug itself. They come in every color and shape and size. Will take a picture of it when our camera is charged up!

Off to make dinner!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment