Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fleurs and herbs

Well, the back yard is just exploding with new growth and the promise of flowers! I swear in the past week everything has almost doubled in size!

Here is my "small" butterfly bush! It's getting huge like its gi-normous yard-mate on the other side of the back yard!
This is a little wind chime that I hung on one of the branches I cut off this spring. Cute, no?

Here's Mongo the butterfly bush!It just keeps getting taller and taller. I had to climb the stairs that lead up to our deck to the right of this thing to trim off some dead branches yesterday! Soon, I'm going to need one of those trucks with the elevated buckets like the utility company people use!

And very exciting, indeed; my hydrangeas are starting to have a million blooms on them! Look at this one little spot - it has six blooms coming!

The false indigo is also starting to flower. You can just start to see purple coming:


I decided to plant a grape tomato plant here amongst the fleurs:

And here's a closeup of that pretty basil plant I bought last week. Yumm. Eating it on top of buffalo mozzarella as we speak!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to do quite well with everything green. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete