We went on a short "W' (as we call them) and then when we got back, she gobbled up a bunch of chicken and rice (much to Koty's dismay, mind you!). I gave her a pain pill and then we settled back in to sleep for another couple of hours! It was so nice to see her perky and wanting food!
At about 10, we all went on a "W" together and then I dropped her off at the house and took Koty on a longer walk since he's Mr. Energetic despite being 11+ years old!
Here was Sadie a few minutes ago when I went outside to snap some quick pictures of my pretty plants for this blog!
Ok. How about looking at some plants? The side yard is coming along famously! I swear things are growing at breakneck speed right now! And, I'm finding surprises as things have been sprouting so quickly...Here is the corner of the side yard. I transplanted a bunch of the violas from the flower boxes over here in the shade and they seem to be happy. I also have nasturtium from last year that re-seeded itself in a few place! Nice! Bonus! These are the creamy yellow nasturium that I love, so I'm glad they're back this year! I love their saucer-like leaves.
Here is my rhododendron starting to bloom! I love the soft pink color of this one.
Here are more violas that I tucked into the back there! They look really pretty with the lamium plants, I think!
Here's a pretty orange Icelandic poppy growing amongst the phlox. The phlox are getting so TALL already! I can't believe it's only MAY!
And last, but certainly not least is my Montauk daisy bush. This thing is the hugest daisy bush I have ever seen in my entire life! I cut this thing back like crazy this spring, but you'd never know it! It is seriously large. At least 4 feet across and 3 feet tall already. And it will keep growing all summer and then, like magic, in the fall, we'll have a million daisies all over the entire plant! People stop and take pictures of this thing because it's such a specimen!
Ok...Tomorrow we will look at some more of the goodies in the back yard. Lots going on this time of year!
Happy day, everyone! My dog is doing well!



No comments:
Post a Comment