Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fleurs for summer 2010

Man, oh, MAN am I liking what I did for my flower boxes! They are divine!

Remember back when I was going for the purple theme this year? Apparently the growers out there listened because there was just all manner of blue, violet, purple and lavender when I went to Marblehead Garden Center! They've got gazillions of annuals in right now and it's just a feast for the eyes and nose over there! SOOOO gorgeous!

Seriously, if you live anywhere near there? It's worth the drive. And, it's not only the ones in the main part of the garden center! There are a zillion more up in back behind the fence! I found the nicest pretties there and the plants are amazing in quality. It was hard to resist buying one of everything! I still may add one more type of plant to each flower box...We'll see how they look in a week or so.

So.....drumroll, please...........

Here they are in all their glory! (Remember, if you click on the image, you can see it full-sized.)

Nice, right?

Here are a couple close-ups:

We've got quite the mixture going on! Greens are the dwarf, giant papyrus in the center, two pony-tail grasses and two mini-licorice plants. We also have that adorable Kenilworth ivy on each end. These are wonderful little plants that love sun and shade and in the ground, will root and spread. Oh, they are fabulous!

For fleurs this year there is a white lantana in the center, two white bacopa in front by the ivy, two purple nemesia next to the grasses, and two purple angelonia beside the papyrus.

I'm thinking it might look really nice to add either two purple brachysciomeor two lavender verbenain the front near the white lantana.

What do you think? Too much? I dunno. I think they maybe need a smidge more purple in there.

Doing a job for a client today. Will post pics after I'm finished.

Happy almost weekend! : )

1 comment:

  1. I personally would go with the first option. You already have both purple and yellow in the box. This flower has both. Because yellow and purple are opposites on the color wheel it would be an added punch all at once. But that's just my humble opinion.

    BTW, those window boxes are awesome. Love the depth and color against the house.

    ReplyDelete