Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lettuce take a look!

Ha!! See what I did there with the title? Clever, no? Ha!

You see, I've been growing goodies here since mid-March. We had a very mild March and I took the chance of planting violas and some lettuces and arugula. Well, I'm happy to report that all have been grow grow growing for two months and I've got my first harvest of lettuce. Some are small, some are large, but they are lovely romaine lettuces none-the-less! I sprayed these babies on the back stoop and just brought them into the kitchen! Having salad as part of our din-din tonight! Exciting! There's something so VERY satisfying about eating something you've grown yourself!

I still have nine lettuces growing out back there; three in a pot, and three in the little garden beds by our back door:
See there on the left? That's a basil and a tomato plant I bought today! I'm a plant addict. What can I tell ya?
Those in the pot there are HUGE! Will harvest them next week, probably.

Also, I have arugula that is blooming! I didn't know arugulas bloomed, so I'm thrilled! They're really cute!

Aren't they so cute?

Tomorrow we will look at the new plantings I installed in my flower boxes. I did them up Tuesday while I had a few hours on my hands. They are LOVELY! Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to keep coming back. I've always had a full sun garden. Now I have shade, shade and more shade. I'm really not familiar with flowers that thrive in shade. I will be doing clay pots. I am going through your archives now. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete