She's resting now that the pain pill is working and I've got a nice, cold compress on her belly which must feel REALLY good! She's completely zonked out.
Here is the scene from a moment ago. Would you look at these two?
That's Koty, there in the foreground with his little footie on the pillow and I've got pillows against Sadie's back to bolster her and make her feel safe and comfortable. It worked! I love that Koty is smunched up against Sadie's back. He loves her despite her refusal to play with him. It's really pitiful. Poor Koty tries almost EVERY SINGLE day to play with her and she just glowers at him like "What's your problem, dude? Get away from me!"
Poor Koty then has to resort to playing with his stuffed toys and me. He's a very, very good boy.
Anyway, I am happy to report that all is well on the homefront once again. Only real change is that now we will not be going to England and Spain as we had planned. We were supposed to leave on June 1st, but Sadie will need extra love and attention for at least 2 weeks as she recovers from her huge surgery. And, of course, I'm gladly the man for that job! We also, luckily, got the travel insurance, so we will not lose out on the airline tickets to and from Europe, so that was a good bit of foresight!
Thank you again for your well-wishes and crossed fingers and toes. We appreciate any good ju-ju that was sent our way!



No comments:
Post a Comment