A few days ago I took photos of the goodies I had planted in the back yard. I bought them sort of as early birthday gifts for myself. Or at least that's how I'm justifying spending that much on the yard!
First, the mystery plant that is a mystery no more! It is Baptisia! False indigo! SOOO pretty! Here's what it's currently doing there amongst the phlox:
Isn't it so pretty?And here's a nice little grouping in the back corner where I have not been able to successfully grow ANYTHING! I cannot tell you how many bushes and shrubs and thingamajigs I have put back there but they always die after a year or two. Anyway, I transplanted that grass from a spot in the yard where it was crowded out by an enormous hydrangea. It looks pretty happy there with his hosta friends! I also put that little bleeding heart bush there at the base of my butterfly house. Isn't that cool? I love my butterfly house.
And here in the middle you can see the white bleeding heart and Solomon's seal. LOVE those.
Happy Birthday, self!
Tomorrow we will explore the fine world of arugula and romaine lettuce. I know you're excited. Try to calm yourself!



No comments:
Post a Comment