Thursday, July 15, 2010

Backyard beauties!

I'm SOOOOOO excited!

My tomato plant has its first red tomato!!!Cause for celebration, no?

I'm utterly insane! This seriously caused me to squeal with glee when I saw this tomato! Maybe it's because I've never been too successful with the vegetables. I have grown them in containers most of the time because I don't really have garden beds that can be kept away from the dogs. Dogs, of course = copious amounts of pee. Which means no vegetables in the garden beds except for this little tiny plot in between the two benches in the back yard where this tomato is this year. In past years, I've always tried tomatoes in containers, but they just never produced like I'd wanted them to. This plant has a bazillion tomatoes on it already and more flowers are coming all the time!

OK. Enough on the dumb tomato plant! Jeez!

Here is a yarrow that planted itself in that same little garden bed:
It used to be in another area of the yard by the grill, but I guess it decided it didn't like it there and it re-seeded over here!

I also have two phlox plants in there. One is pink:And one is a very light pink-white color:SOOOO pretty! And these phlox, as I mentioned yesterday, have the most wonderful fragrance. Yumm.

And the last of the beauties for today is my adorable cousin who is here visiting from Georgia; she's with Sadie, of course, who cannot let me out of her sight for more than 3.22 microseconds. I've measured it!Unfortunately, my cousin leaves today...Always a sad occasion, as we don't get to see each other much more than maybe twice a year. She and I look exactly like our grandmother. It skipped a generation - my mom and her sister don't look like us at all! So, we are sort of these soul sisters separated by 25 years! People always think she's my daughter when we're together. Which I would not have minded at all! She's smart, beautiful, and has a great sense of humor! What's not to like?!!!

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

I'm going to go watch the tomatoes turn red. And Sadie will be there with me. I lead an exciting life. What can I say?! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment