Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Extreme slackitude

Sorry I've been so terrible about posting new things over here. It's not my fault! I was in Michigan for a memorial service - got home Saturday evening. Then Sunday my lovely, 20 year-old cousin arrived for her yearly visit! I've been busy with her since then doing important things like eating and shopping and lounging on the boat. See? I've been really, really busy!

Today we plan on getting our ears pierced and then maybe see a movie. It's tough. Harrowing.

In any case, I got a chance to take some photos of the pretties that have developed in the yard while I was off in la-la land doing fun things! Here is the top of one of the papyrus plants I have. I am very fond of its frilliness!


Phlox getting ready to bloom:If you live anywhere that tall phlox thrives, do yourself a huge favor and go get some and plant it. The aroma that these flowers give is just intoxicating!

Strange news? My mum is blooming. This is a mum I planted literally 8 years ago in the fall, and it comes back every year. I have to whack it back, too - it just keeps spreading!

Nasturtiums climbing up the juniper bush!

Echinacea blooming amongst the not-so-obedient obedient plants:

And last, but hardly least, the flower boxes in all their grassy glory! I have been getting comments daily on the prettiness of the papyrus and pony-tail grasses this year! They have completely overtaken the flower boxes!

That's all for today. I have to get myself prepared for the long, hard day ahead. Hee hee! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment