Thursday, August 5, 2010

A special kind of icky

Ok. So I just came in a while ago from walking the dogs. I am utterly surly. This weather? It's not even for the birds. It is MIS.ER.A.BLE outside. Sort of like walking through soup. With the heat and nearly 80% humidity, it feels like it's 100. Helloooooooooo! I live in frigging NEW ENGLAND! I do not like this one tiny little itsy bitsy bit. It makes me MOST unhappy and don't even get me going on what it does to my hair. Good LORD. Why bother even trying to make it look nice? Oy VAY, is about all I can say about this disgusting, horrid weather. One more day of it and then we're back to NORMAL! I seriously can't wait.

Sorry for the rant. I just have never been able to deal with humidity and it's just been so pervasive this summer. You can't get away from it except to go into air conditioning, and that's just a terribly unhealthy way to live. I honestly don't know how you people in Florida live like this. It's nauseating.

Alrighty. I'm back now. Let's talk fleurs, shall we?

My balloon flowers are ballooning all over the place!
They're just so stinkin' cute!

Despite the heat, I still have some violas and pansies blooming, too:Such happy-looking little fleurs!

Side yard is pretty with the phlox, echinacea and obedient plant:


These are two of the pots of million bells that I plunked on our upstairs neighbors' stoop.I guess it's sort of presumptuous of me to do that, but who doesn't like surprise flowers, right? They obviously are not blooming yet, but they are going to be purple! What a surprise! I know! Who'dathunkit?

And last for today, pretty coreopsis:
I'm generally not a fan of bright yellow flowers, but I'm very fond of coreopsis. I love the look of the face and the feathery leaves.

Ok...Must run. Have to get dressed like a person - am meeting a friend for lunch! I'll tell you one thing I'm not having for lunch - HOT SOUP!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment