Monday, September 13, 2010

Menagerie; more and more plants for me!

I have called you all here today for more important photos of my crazy conglomeration of plants! I know you have probably been sitting by your computers all day just waiting for this. Sorry - I had a busy day today!

First, we will take a look at the ficus on the right side of the living room. We inherited it from my husband's grandparents when they sadly had to move out of their home and into an assisted living place:I am embarrassed to show that photo with that poor thing in that sad little plastic pot. It looks ridiculous! Good news is that the planter that didn't work out for my client the other day (when I had to plant a palm tree the size of a cadillac) will be a perfect new planter for this ficus tree! Despite not having enough dirt and being root-bound, this ficus is one HAPPY plant! It is flourishing since coming to live with us! We've had it probably 8 years already.

Here is the ficus on the other side of the living room:
This ficus is also inherited from a bed and breakfast that sold to a big hotel here in Salem...I know. How on EARTH do these people find me? It's kinda nuts!

Inherited this plant from a friend who was moving away:
It's some sort of begonia. I have no clue. It needs to be cut back and repotted. Oy. It's pretty cute with its spotty leaves, but it's all gangly looking and really needs pruning. I'll get to it...Not a big priority this summer, you know?

Also inherited this from a different friend who was moving:
Not a huge fan of the snake plants, but it's green and it's easy. Meh. You know?

These are all inherited from the two friends mentioned above:
That lucky bamboo on the right is so sad and scraggly and it needs to go, but I cannot throw it out - it's got green on it, therefore I cannot kill it.

Spider plant:This one actually came from a plant that I have in our foyer that I've had since the beginning of history! The one in the foyer is huge and unruly and needs to desperately be repotted. I'll get to it! Stop bothering me! Geez! (hee hee!)

I have another spider plant in the kitchen, another devil's ivy in the foyer and in the bedroom, two palms in the bedroom and another something that I inherited from one of the above friends! The one palm in the bedroom, a parlor palm, was rescued from the trash when a neighbor moved out. It was a sad little thing, overwatered and very unhappy when I found it, but it's a lovely, robust plant now. Needs repotting. I'll GET TO IT! (hee hee!)

Oh, and I also have a tropical hibiscus, curly willow, chive, rosemary, sage & thyme and a wandering jew that live outside in the summer, and inside in the winter. There. That's everyone. I think.

So, that's all for today, folks.

Next we will move outside to explore some of the fall things happening! I'm sure you can't wait! : )

2 comments:

  1. Yo yo, patron saint of Plants dead and dying! You've got the touch. When plants come in our house they die, a slow and painful death. Nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be a repeat comment... not sure where I went in the wordpress/blogger ether...anyway, in case it's not a repeat -- yer the patron saint of Plants Dead & Dying! So great. Plants in my house die a slow and painful death! I hope you're feeling better. I didn't realize yesterday at the meeting you were in pain! I hope the massage helped and sleep came to you last night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete