Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesdays with Spasmodia

I'm considering changing my name to Spasmodia. "Hi, I'm Spasmodia. I have back spasms. ALL. THE. TIME. What do you do?"

Man alive this dang spasm on the left side over there will NOT give up. I had my first adjustment at the chiropractor yesterday AND I had an hour massage. You'd think this stupid thing would get the hint that it is NOT welcome in my back. Geez! GEEZ!!

So, anywho, I was totally nervous about the, you know, CRACKAGE that would ensue upon the adjusting at the chiro. SO nervous, as this was my first time! Well, my friends, it feels AWESOME! I can't wait for more! Going back on Friday, so this is all just very exciting, indeed! I'm looking forward to the time when I am spasm-free and when my lower back has calmed down. Turns out I have some degenerative discs in my back. Sexy, right? Nothing like 45 years of age! Woo hooo! Nothing is quite as alluring as someone with degenerative anythings right? GEEZ, again! WTF?

Anyway, the chiropractor guy (thank you for the recommendation, female ISYN who reads this bloggy and also thank you to my friend over there at Four Paws Acupuncture who happened to recommend the SAME person!), who is fabulous and nice and has the nicest bedside manner believes that with the proper adjustments and then exercise to strengthen my backal regions I will be able to minimize the damage to those discs. So, as far as bad news goes, it's not THAT bad. The promise of feeling better is really hopeful.

In other world news, I just had lunch with the loveliest woman. I just adore her! She has that sparkle - you know how some people have that thing? She's smart, funny and just so enjoyable to talk with - I have known her from a distance for some time, but in the last couple of years have gotten to know her much better and I just have the best time around her! Anyway, she suggested a place to eat that I have never been, a fairly new-ish restaurant in town called "Tavern In the Square." (Don't do the acronym!) Despite their suggestive acronym, the food was quite good! I had a yummy taco salad and she had a buffalo chicken salad that looked fantastic! So, if you're into salads for lunch, give it a whirl!

Now, let's get back to the real reason for this blog: FLEURS!!! Things are happening out there!

My Montauk daisy has started blooming:

I love their faces! They just look happy!

My mini-licorice plant has bloomed, as well! This is a terrible picture of it:I'm sure you are enjoying the close-up of my fingers and lookit how clearly you can see my fingerprint there on my index finger! Wow!

My mum is still a-blooming it's head off:


And my planter by the back door? Has been bugging the crap out of me. There was a dire need for something of medium height in the back. The curly juncus grass was not cutting its mustard, you know? So I plunked in some birch branches I had:
I feel much better now. You?

And last for today is my newest addition to the kitchen:
I'm so excited I could spit! It's a beautiful Calphalon 10-inch, non-stick pan. I LOVE new cookware! LOVE it! ANNNND, the best part? I got it on SALE! WOO HOOOO! Go Crate and Barrel!

Could I possibly be any more of a yuppie?

Ok...Gotta run. Time to meet with Muffy and Biff and wash the Beamer while I drink my organic, fair-trade coffee and then go to the Farmer's Market! Hee hee hee! (Did those sound yuppy?)

Later, alligator!

2 comments:

  1. Dang....you sure sound spunky.
    My spine is a degenerate too. :0)
    Disc degeneration happens to the best of us.
    So glad you are happy with that referral and you are most welcome.
    Someone saved me from surgery 50 years ago and I'm happy to be able to shout chiropractic care from the roof tops, on the internet, bank, and where ever else I can.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Your back and discus degeneration... Glad you found some gentle-tough hands to settle those nasty spasms!

    And TITS I can't believe you haven't been there until now. Joined Matthew and his friend Luke for a beer one night and we could have been parents to everyone of those gazillion kids in there and 37 TVs.

    ReplyDelete