Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fabulous Fall Fleurs

So, we still have things cookin' in the yard despite VEERRRYY chilly temps at night. Even my grape tomatoes are still going - just picked some this morning to cook up with some onions and scrambled eggs!

Let's get right to the photos, shall we?

Here is the mystery plant that is blooming amongst the copious forget-me-nots:
I have no clue what it is, and I've written to the local plant expert who writes a column in our local paper about gardening, also sent her photos, so we'll see if we can solve this mystery! Anyway, aren't those flowers so cute? They're just adorable and so bright for this time of year! This has been slowly growing since I planted the forget-me-not paper things forever ago...Let me go see when I planted them...July 22. There. Now we know!

Here are the forget-me-nots:Cute, no?

My neighbor's planter is still looking lovely:
I'm generally not a fan of potato vine, but I'm really liking the colors on this one for fall arrangements.

Montauk daisies are blooming their faces off!


Doesn't this bat look happy there nestled in with the phlox, angelonia and lamium?I have several bats hanging in the bushes. That's normal, right?

Daisies intermingling with lamium and ivy:

Cute ghosite by the phlox, nasturtium and stonecrop:


Funny skull lights hanging above the rubrum which has tripled in size!


And the hydrangea in the back of the house that is pink in summer? Turned this lovely color for the fall:


Ok. Must go. Have a burrito bowl on the way home with the hubs and then am taking our little Sadie to the vet for a check-up. She has been a bit, well...forgetful, let's call it. The other day she was looking for her water bowl and got all confused because she went into the dining room and not the kitchen. Then the next day, she was with me in the kitchen and then proceeded to meander all over the house and then tried to go upstairs, but we stopped her. She was looking for ME! Even though she had just been in the kitchen with me...Oy vey. Do dogs get dementia?

Wish us luck!

Later, kids!

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THE POST!!!!!!!!! Your little mystery flower reminds me a little bit of phlox. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. xxoo

    ReplyDelete