On a good note, I made the MOST delicious chicken fajitas for dinner last night. MAN, those were good. Sauteed the chicken, onions and red peppers in lemon juice and several Mexican spices. They were served on corn tortillas with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, homemade guacamole and green tabasco. I also made a black bean side dish that was really delish, too - with onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, jalapenos, cayenne pepper, green tabasco and a dash of lemon juice. Really, really tasty stuff!
I do love to cook when the weather turns cold, so I've got that going for me!
In other world news, our little town was descended upon in a big way again over the weekend! I took a few walks downtown just to see the crazies! It's really something! One of my favorite Halloween-time fixtures is this woman who does the live-statue thing. Have you ever seen these people who are so amazing at posing in a perfectly still position and then when someone gives them a tip, they move and do something funny or entertaining? I can't find anything to show you when I googled to see if there was a video of her online...Anyway, she dresses in this amazing witch outfit - she looks bronzed. And she stands on something so that she's about 8 feet tall - very impressive. And when she's posing, you seriously cannot see an ounce of movement. Not even breathing! I don't know how she does it, but it's cool to watch!
In floral news, I bought more bulbs. I had to go to my very favorite Marblehead Garden Center to get more curly willow and raffia for the job I did last week, so, OF COURSE, I bought something for myself. Uh, YEAH! Have you read this blog? Do you know who has a little problem with the buying of plants on impulse? Do you know who cannot possibly walk into a garden center without purchasing SOMETHING? Ummmm, let's think. Who could it be? MOI? Really?
Ummm, yeah. Yes. OK! I know!! I cannot help myself. I KNOW! I have issues. I KNOW!
So, I got me a bunch of those cute grape hyacinth:
I also got some of these, called frittilaria:
A daisy that had broken:
And, of course, my shadow:
Ok...Must run. Have several errands, more cleaning to do, have to do a couple little things on the boat and then have a 3pm chiropractor visit.
Hope you're all having a fine Monday!
Ciao!



I have the grape hyacinths out front in purple and they multiply and mutiply like rabbits. :0)
ReplyDeleteThose others look interesting.
Reminds me of my columbine.
Don't kid yourself.
You are a whirlwind of boundless energy.
Ok, I just noticed you my blog listed under your favorites. You rock! I usually read, usually laugh, and sometimes squirm (your icky back pain), while reading your blog, but I hadn't looked at the favorites in a long time and today I looked. Thanks! I hope the chiropractor cast a good spell and did some good popping on the back.
ReplyDeleteI love those little fritillarias. I think the variety is "negra", but I am not certain. Cluster them quite tightly together to get that same look. They are very thin and delicate. I think I would try to plant something yellow near them, because it makes their spots pop a bit more. Mine don't show quite so much yellow and I think they need something near them to jump start it.
ReplyDelete