I also bought two BIG bunches of alstromeria at the grocery store - it's the white kind with the pretty pinkish flecks. I'll make up a few arrangements for the house to decorate for our big Thanksgiving feast coming up! We now are officially going to have 20 people for dinner and then 5 more coming for dessert! That's a lot of humans.
In other exciting news, after I unpacked the groceries and got myself organized, I was able to plant the grape tomato in his new home!! It's in a plain terra cotta pot and will now live in the living room on the same side table as the eggplant:
The eggplant, by the way, is getting bigger and bigger!
The Christmas cactus is blooming his little head off:
The hibiscus is going to give me another flower either tomorrow or the next day:
And I FINALLY repotted that cute dwarf fig tree that I bought this summer at the Farmer's Market:
Some of my grape tomatoes have turned a luscious red on the window sill, so I will be eating these tout de suite in my breakfast eggs tomorrow morning!
And because I'm completely a plant addict, the window in the kitchen looked all plain and sad and lonely without the grape tomato plant there where it was rooting, so I decided to grow some more spider plant babies that had sprouted off a plant I have in the OTHER kitchen window.
Too bad we can't eat spider plants for Thanksgiving!! How revolting does that sound?!!
Well, I best be off to feed the doggies and then am making a gluten-free pizza tonight! Yummmo!
Hope you are well & I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to write in the next couple of days - I know we'll start cooking Wednesday afternoon and tomorrow is cleaning-the-house-day, as well as exercise-day, chiropractor-day, laundry-continued-day and flower-arranging-day...So, I've got my hands pretty full. Forgive me if I don't post until the day after Thanksgiving! (MOM!) I'll try to squeeze it in, but I can't make any promises.
Maybe the spider plants will post something for me!
Ciao!



I think I have one of your spider plants and if they don't die with me, they will never die!
ReplyDeleteHappy cooking! Happy eating! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Let's make sure we plan dinner next week. I dropped the ball this week.
xoxo, p