I am completely and throughly crazy for this new blog that my friend June, over there at Bye, Bye Pie told us about on her blog yesterday. It is a hilariously funny blog called Hyperbole and a Halfand I totally and completely adore the post that is currently up there. It seriously killed me yesterday when I read it. I was crying and laughing and could hardly get ahold of my self because I was having such a gigglefest over the drawings and the writing! OMG!!! LOVE!
Next, there is this completely wonderful word game that I found from a link on Hyperbole's site. It's called Word Bubble. LOVE. Play it HERE. Love word games.
Last night we went to a surprise birthday party that was decidedly NOT a surprise! The guy totally knew about the party! My husband got the microphone from the lady DJ and did his best to get the place hopping and get people dancing. It was a good attempt on his part, but these people were not much into dancing and whooping it up, so that was that.
I have another birthday thingy to attend later this evening for a VERY pregnant 42-year-old friend of mine. We are going to her restaurant of choice, The Old Spot, endearingly referred to by many as "The Wet Spot!" Lovely.
In other world news, Sadie is quite possibly the most annoying dog and simultaneously the calmest, mellowest dog. Maddening is what she was when I was trying TRYING to walk home with her this morning. She just got slower and sllooowweerrr and s lll ooo www www www eeerrrrr until it came down to me having to push her from behind to get her to move forward. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! To make matters worse, I reeeaaaallllly had to go to the bathroom. Man! So frustrating. Her reaction to my frustration? This:
This is what she's thinking:
" ? " and then " buuuuurrrrrp. " and then " . "
She's a real thinker, that one. If you read Hyperbole's current post - which I highly recommend you do - her "simple dog" is seriously Einstein mixed with Stephen Hawking compared to Sadie.
I wish I was kidding!
In news of the natures, lookit how pretty the water was yesterday:
We still have some purple flowers going in a couple spots - in the flower boxes there are still million bells blooming:
And in the side yard, the brachyscome is still going strong:
I do appreciate any color that comes my way at this time of year. It's a long, gray winter ahead, so any brightness is appreciated!
Ok. I must go...It's really quite nice outside, in the 50s and sunny and I have more leaves beckoning...The last leaf pick up is on Monday, so I've got to get them babies bagged up!!
Hope you're having a restful, nice weekend!
Ciao!



THX for the steer.
ReplyDeleteHave to say....it's been a good hour reading both your friend and Hyperbole. :0) ling away!
So many talented writers out in cyberspace.
I could get lost for hours and hours.
Tried the word game briefly and I will be back at it again.
I tell myself over and over, I have a life, I have a life, I have a life.
Temptation is everywhere. :0)
Crap...thanks for the leaf pickup reminder.
For now I'm going back in my closet and plug away some more. :0(
A good weekend to you too. (((hugs)))
Hi Female,
ReplyDeleteI totally understand! I spent a long time looking at Hyperbole's posts yesterday and this morning! Funny stuff!
And, I've been reading Bye, Bye Pie since the very beginning - she is a really good friend of mine - on her blog's comments (which are most times as hilarious as the posts - they take on a life of their own - very entertaining) - I'm "Your Pal from MA" - we all know each other in the comment section! It's really funny!