I didn't post anything yesterday because, HELLO, it was 65 degrees here and on those days that it is THAT beautiful in November, one must spend as much time as humanly possible outside! I did a bunch of running around, most notably to my beloved Marblehead Garden Center! I went there in anticipation of finding all manner of evergreens and twigs and berries and such to do up some flower boxes and planters for clients...But, alas, they only had a couple things there - the rest is arriving later this week, so I'll have to go back this weekend or early next week. Certainly doesn't bother me to have to go back there! LOVE that place!
I did manage to buy some more curly willow, three houseplants for a client, and a pretty cyclamen and cute planter for a friend's birthday gift. Get this - I am going to a surprise birthday party for a friend of my husband's tomorrow night and then Saturday night, I have a birthday dinner with a bunch of girlfriends to celebrate her 42nd birthday! So, it's all birthday weekend, all the time for me over here!!
Here's the cyclamen in the cute planter:
Today I did a final maintenance job at a client's house- cleaned up the hostas and peonies that had passed. I also clipped back the fairy roses in her yard - some of which are STILL blooming! That's unheard of! After doing the maintenance, I went to another local garden center and bought some pretty ribbon (CHEAP!) and a new pot to plant the grape tomato. I think I'll plant it either tomorrow or over the weekend...Just look at the root system that has developed:
Also have a new, fun development in the planter where I plopped the forget-me-not seeds oh, so long ago!! So, as you know already, we got a tag-along Saponaria in there that continues to bloom:
Well, we now have ANOTHER plant that seeded itself in there:
Elsewhere in the side yard, the lamium is still blooming like crazy:
Asters are still blooming their heads off:
Nasturtiums also still blooming:
And the flower boxes still look pretty decent considering it's more than half way through November!
Last for today are the gorgeous hydrangeas that I just cut this afternoon:



U definately have a green thumb! :0)
ReplyDelete