Monday, November 15, 2010

Mediocre Monday, Tepid Tuesday

Today is kind of eh. Yesterday was okay. Nothing too exciting...Laundry, grocery shopping, ordered a cake for the newlywed couple coming to our Thanksgiving, and also ordered a turkey for our Thanksgiving, as well...Nothing exciting, not bad, not great, just sort of eh. Today, more laundry, took the dogs on a nice walk and then am about to embark on a power walk. Later this afternoon I have a chiropractor appointment.

I know why these are both "eh" sort of days... No sun. It's been gray and overcast and just eh. My mood is directly tied to the sun or lack thereof. I went to the tanning place yesterday - and before you lecture me on the terribleness of tanning, I already know. I have the perfect excuse, thank you very much! And that is that I have psoriasis that gets really bad in the winter due to lack of sunlight. For some reason sun helps keep the psoriasis at bay. No idea why, but it is! So, I usually feel significantly better after getting some good "sun" at the tanning place, but that didn't even seem to help! We'll try some good exercise today and see if that will perk up my mood a bit.

Tomorrow I have to buy some plants to replace a few that have died at one of my client's house and then I am also going to get some greens to do up four hanging planters and a pot at another client's house. I do love the decorating part of my job!

Since there is nothing really happening outside, I took some picture of the happenings inside the house...

I harvested some basil seeds and plan on trying to grow some basil plants this winter: I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to growing things from seed, but we'll give it a shot!

I also noticed that my Christmas cactus has started blooming - we're a month or so early, but I'll take it! I love this vibrant splash of color at this time of year:



Now, it is so dark in the house because of the icky weather, I had to put this under a lamp to photograph it. So, the best way to do that was get down on the floor to photograph it from a decent angle! And, what do you think happens when I get down on the floor? I get a very happy and VERY curious Sadie in my face! This happened in a matter of microseconds after I got down on the floor: What a snoot on her!!!


She's awfully cute, isn't she?

The tropical hibiscus is quite happy right now - it has bloomed and has tons more flowers on the way:
Such a pretty color!

And last, but certainly far from least, the eggplant is coming along nicely!
I wasn't sure how it would react to being moved, but it doesn't seem bothered, so I'm relieved about that!

Ok. I'm off to take my walk now...Happy Tuesday to you!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. A Happy Week to you.
    Never have had any luck with a Christmas cactus. :0(
    Nor over wintering a hibiscus for that matter.
    No windows face the right direction for sunlight. sigh!

    ReplyDelete