Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year in Review, my top 25

Now, this post will not necessarily be about world events - mostly it will be about MY world's events in 2010. A year of ups and downs, for sure. Mostly it ended up being a good year. Hope you enjoy the roller coaster ride!

1 - My beloved Grandpa and Grandma died within 6 weeks of each other. This was quite shattering to our small family and really, the first deaths of any relatives to whom I was very close. Sorry to start out with such a bummer...It gets happier...

2 - We went on a faaaabulous vacation to Tortola:
We are soon to be going to Tortola briefly on our way to Jost Van Dyke, another of the British Virgin Islands. LOVE Jost! We'll be there in a mere 36 days!

3 - The hubby and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of our first date on Valentine's Day! Yay for us!

4 - We helped a family who was here from Haiti. Until they totally took advantage of our niceness and used a gazillion minutes on the cell phone we lent to them. There were literally like 20 calls on there a day - sometimes with a call lasting over an hour. Our phone bill was astronomical and the mother appeared to be somewhat of a scammer. Oh, well! Live and learn.

5 - Spring came early in 2010! March was divine and I even had crocus sprouting:And here they are three days later:
This was quite seriously the best growing year I can remember!

6 - Ricky Martin came out.

7 - I got sick.

8 - I got better.

9 - I had mystery plants - a false indigo: And much later in the season, a saponaria.


10 - We started the process of adoption! And, there is no new news. Still waiting for our social worker to complete our home study. It takes a long time...

11- I rescued a baby bird that made my friend, June, over there at Bye, Bye Pie wildly jealous! Unfortunately, the birdie did not make it, but I tried my best.

12 - Sadie almost died. She had to have an emergency splenectomy because a large tumor had grown so big, it ruptured her spleen. That was one scary-ass day, pardon my French. She recovered quickly from her surgery and this is a picture of her just two days after the surgery:
What ya doin' mom?

13 - It was my BIRTHDAY!

14 - I had really pretty flower boxes!

15 - We went to England:
And SPAIN! I LOOOOOVED Spain:


16 - The hubby and I had a great trip on our boat. We went down the coast, through the Cape Cod Canal:

to an adorable harbor in Quisset, MA - in Buzzard's Bay:

Through Wood's Hole:
And then over to Martha's Vineyard:
We fished, we swam, we read, we cooked and we had a really, really wonderful time!

17 - I bitched a lot about the weather. It was the hottest, most humid summer. Blech.

18 - Within a two week span, a cute guy told me I was "adorable" and then two young dudes whistled at me and yelled out to me that I had "nice legs!" These were thrilling events. How pathetic!

19 - I totally screwed up my back. Started going to the chiropractor. Really pathetic!

20 - TWO Mexican restaurants opened in Salem. This erases everything bad that happened the entire year!

21- Sadie has dementia. And started pooping in odd places like the couch where she sleeps, my car and the dining room. Not good. We are going to put her on a medicine that is given to Alzheimer's patients. It works well in 70% of cases, so let's all cross our fingers and toes for THAT. Jeez!

22 - We had an epic Halloween party again! I was rockin' the Snooki outfit:


23 - I discovered Hyperbole and a Half! SO funny!

24 - We hosted a huge Thanksgiving.

25 - I gave myself this award:
Because everyone deserves an award for SOMETHING, right?

And that about sums up the year!

We are having dinner with some really good friends later and then will come back here to have some drinks and play silly games! A nice way to round out 2010.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe New Year's Eve! Here's to 2011! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! That is a full year you had. One of my resolutions is to become a better gardener, I have really enjoyed following your gardening experiences.

    ReplyDelete