Meantime our cars are buried and the back door to get out to the parking area is nearly buried. It's going to be interesting getting everything all cleared out. Thing about New England is that the houses are very close together, so there really is no where to put the snow when we get dumped on like this!
Here's the scene in the parking area:
And the back yard:
I had to put on my snow pants, boots, heavy coat, hat and gloves and then run around in the back yard to make pathways for the dogs!! Of course, Sadie came outside with me to "help" - she's good like that!
Anywho, Christmas came and went this year and I know I will sound like a bah-humbug, but I'm glad it's over. I'm ready for the new year to start and to get on a health kick and lose some of this weight. I'm going to be going on the South Beach Diet again in January. Much as I know that diets are not really the way to go for long-term weight loss, the South Beach Diet just works SO darn well! And, of course, I have to think about being in a bathing suit in less than six weeks! If that doesn't motivate me, I don't know what will!!
My poor husband is now going around the house sorting through drawers and closets. Massachusetts declared a state of emergency yesterday and it is still in effect, so no one is working today - and my husband doesn't know what to do with himself!
I was just gone there for a little bit - he just roped me into going upstairs to sort through clothes. I'm back now - our guys are here to dig us out...One of the advantages to condo living is the luxury of the condo association hiring someone else to do the horrible job of shoveling! Though we don't have a big yard, there is a LOT of sidewalk and then our three-car driveway that is TOTALLY blocked in with snow from the plows that have been out all night. Since there is limited space for the plows to put the snow, a lot of it ends up pushed into people's driveways. Not fun to shovel, let me tell you!
Ok...I'm going to get bundled up again and do a bit of cross country skiing! Might as well take advantage of the snow, right?



The only STEPPING OUT I did was to shovel.
ReplyDeleteThe sound of that wind is FRIGHTENING and the HEAT INSIDE is Delightful! :0)
Hi Pal! Thanks for stopping by my place.
ReplyDeleteI am a Florida girl and that snow makes me want to cry. I can feel your cold through the page as I sit here bundled up against our terrible 30 degree weather. It does look pretty, though!
I, too, am glad Christmas is over and I cannot wait to get back to normal life. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later, once we get the senior citizens out of our house.
And I love the snow falling across the page! Really cool touch.