Even though my Mom leaves few comments on here (Hi Mom!), she apparently reads this blog regularly and I just got THE phone call where she is concerned that I have not blogged in several days.
The honest truth is that I have been downright SOUR. Sour and angry and just all-around incensed about the weather. See, I have lived in Massachusetts for 23 years now. In fact, a little over 23 years. I have now officially lived here longer than I did in Michigan! Well, dears, there is a reason I didn't want to live in Michigan and the reason was: THE WINTERS. Sad, depressing, gray, long, snowy, depressing and depressing. That about sums it up.
Well, we are having a Michigan winter here. I was just informed that we are supposed to get another TWENTY inches of snow between tomorrow and Wednesday.
Now, logically, I know that getting all upset and angry and incensed about the weather does not ONE MITE of good, but, you know what? I just cannot help it. It's just so everywhere and there's no getting away from it and it's just awful!! I really, really hate it with every fiber of my being.
The good news, my friends, is that we leave for our trip in approximately 108 hours, but who's counting? Current weather in the Virgin Islands, you ask? Click HERE.As I write this it is 79 degrees. THAT, my friends, is weather. MYYYYY kinda weather. Cannot wait to be there.
In other world news, I did hours and hours and hours of work for my client on Friday. She had a big dinner party on Saturday for 14 people, so I transplanted 4 large plants, then did 4 large dried arrangements in the old planters from the transplants, did one smaller dried arrangement, 2 good-sized formal cut flower arrangements for the dining room table, three for the bathroom and then three small ones for the kitchen table. It was a lot of work, but all of the projects came out swimmingly!! Did I remember to bring along my camera? NOPE!!! Too bad; the cut flower arrangements were stunning. The ones for the bath were all pinks, greens and whites - just lovely; and then the other cut arrangements were in hues if rusts, golds, some whites and greens. Really pretty.
In other other way more important news, a good friend of mine gave birth to her second gorgeous baby on my mom's birthday, just a couple weeks ago! I ran into a mutual friend of ours whilst out walking the dogs Saturday, and she told me she was going over to visit the good friend and the baby - and asked if I'd like to join her!! Of course, I said YES!! The good friend who just had the baby used to live literally 2 doors away, and I miss her shining face in the neighborhood. Hate when people move away!
Anywho, the baby was just downright wonderful and fell fast asleep in my arms. I held him for the longest time:
The next cutest thing? Of course, our doggies! Sadie is old, kids. Older than the hills. On her last visit to the vet, they decided to forgo giving her a rabies shot because she has no spleen, and her body is so old and rickety from arthritis. The vet - who I am not all that thrilled with at this point - said to my husband, "It doesn't seem like she is going to be around too much longer." Can you even IMAGINE the vet saying something like that to us? What the H*LL are we supposed do with that little tid-bit of information? Keep it to yourself, is what I say. Don't EVER tell a dog person that their beloved is not going to be around too much longer. Such a douchey thing to say.
So, the vet's comment was decidedly NOT cute, but Sadie is SOOO cute and soooo good. She is a happy camper. She loves loves loves nesting in the snow:
and she love love LOVES her momma and daddy and still has great energy for walks and OHMYGOD she loves to eat and any treats that come her way are just THE. BEST!
So, poop on the vet and I'll bet Sadie is going to be just fine for a long, long time. Heaven knows we do literally anything and everything to assure that her life is good and happy and full of love. Stupid vet.
The last bit of news today - not to be tooting my own horn here - despite the rotten weather and my overall sour mood, I have managed to lose 17 pounds since going to the doctor on December 10th and having my weight recorded then. That picture of me up there with the baby is the best picture of me in like 10 years!! If they let me, I'll ask to use that on my next passport and driver's license!
Ok. That's all I gots for today. I hope to be able to report more wonderous things before we go away - I just can't imagine what they will be since we will be dealing with another round of flippin' snow! ACCCCK!
107.5 hours and counting...



Thank you. Those of us who are blog deprived appreciate your new post. Congrats on the weight loss...you look FABULOUS. Also, in my opinion, nothing beats a little puppie for sweet...not even babies. Glad the countdown is so short. xxoo
ReplyDeleteYou have a "glow" about you. :0)
ReplyDeleteFirst, CONGRATULATIONS on the 17lbs! Nice going! I'm so envious of your willpower. And I quickly scrolled and saw your pic before reading and thought, "gosh, darn that girl, she looks amazing!" So, yey! And second, I'm with your mom! I kept checking for updates. Even though I live right down the road, I love reading your blog over talking to you...D'ooohhhh! Just joshin' there. Thirdly, Sadie, oh, how you guys have saved her and geez to the vet, she's a happy girl. That's all there is. And lastly, have the most bestest time on the beach wearing some sexy ass suit! Stay safe! xoxo, p
ReplyDelete