Monday, February 14, 2011

Jost Van Dyke part deux

This next installment of photos are from the first evening and then the next day on the beach. There will be a recurrent theme: Sunsets, beach pictures, water pictures, and finally - underwater pictures! That's about the size of it. We did take one driving tour of the island, but since Jost is only 6 square miles and only really has two main roads, there is just not that much to report except for the gorgeousness that one experiences wherever you happen to look!

Ok. Here is the first sunset installment:

Very pretty, no? We tried to remember to take sunset pictures each evening. But we failed to take them EVERY night - it's a lot to remember when you're on vacation, you know?!! hee

We awoke the next morning to a small rain squall. I tried to upload a video of the rain squall but I have to convert the format from the one on our camera to something that blogger.com will accept. I don't know how to do it yet, but I'll figure it out.

It rained a tiny bit each day and night. Certainly not enough to thwart beach-going or swimming, however! In fact, one memorable afternoon there was a sizable rainstorm that went by and we - along with another very nice couple - rode out the storm IN the water! It was probably 78 or so in the water and it was the warmest place to be while the storm went by! It was really fun!

After the short storm in the morning on the second day (the 7th), we made our way down to the beach again:Here I am drinking one of my 7,000 waters. It was HOT, so there was much drinking of water to be done (among other liquids, of course!).

Some of the first fishies that we saw whilst snorkeling - lots of these little dudes:

And there were a fair number of parrot fish, as well:
Their colors are just incredible.

In other world news, I'm not feeling well...I've had a sore throat since we got back from our trip, and I have not had a decent night's sleep since the Thursday night before we left on our trip (not joking). So, between lack of sleep and then exposure to thousands of virus-y, coughing, sneezing humans on the airports, I think I have managed to get a little bug. I'm mostly really tired, stuffy, have a dry cough and some pretty nice chills. FUN!

Ok. Back to watching bad TV!

Later!

1 comment: