I saw a few best and worst-dressed shows and some commentary, and aside from some people LOVING Gwyneth Paltrow's horrible get-up, pretty much there is a consensus about the ick factor in the following fashions. And, kids? We're using the word "fashion" very kindly right now.
Ok, first, and my least favorite of the icks was a tossup between these two unbelieveable bad dresses -
Cate Blanchett:
What on EARTH are those green spots of mold around her neck? They continue down her back in a most strange and upsetting way. Really gross. And the big round circle in the front? I was waiting for Porky Pig to show up and say "Th-th-that's all folks!" in there. Weird. Just weird. The only nice thing I can say, is I love the shade of pinky-lavender on her.Florence Welch:
Ohmygod. The Munsters meet Little House on the Prairie. Not the combination you strive for on the red carpet, right? Oy.Here's the disco, retro, bad hair and makeup ensemble that Gwyneth was sporting:
I just hate the whole thing. I can't really tell you why, but it's just my gut reaction. Perhaps because I simply cannot stand her and naming her daughter Apple and her whole pretentious fake English accent. Yeesh. Someone needs to get over herself!Now, many also liked this outfit on Jennifer Lawrence:
This totally screams Baywatch-Themed- Prom to me. This is not red carpet to me. Now, don't get me wrong - the chick has an incredible body and is very pretty...That's not the issue. The issue is classiness and glamour; both of which are lacking in this look.Here, apparently, Marisa Tomei (who I adore) could not decide between two dresses, so they just sewed the top of one onto the bottom of the other!
I'm kidding, of course! But that was my immediate reaction to this dress! WTF? The bodice fits all wrong, it come up too high, the top is too shiny and that skirt is just miles and miles of tulle. Not right.Melissa Leo:
I didn't know they made dresses out of doilies! Go figure!Nicole Kidman:
Nicole, my dear. You are gorgeous and talented. Can I just give you a big, huge, important few words of advice (like I'm such a fashionista!)? Thanks. First? GO OUT IN THE SUN FOR 10 MINUTES. Please. It will not kill you. I promise. Second? Eat a friggin cookie. Please, dear. Put on like 5 pounds or something. You look unhealthy and frail. Third, and most important? DO NOT WEAR WHITE. Ever. Never ever. If you insist upon having the complexion of newly-fallen snow, please wear some inkling of color on your body. That is all.Scarlett Johanssen:
As Joan Rivers so aptly put, the best part of this dress is the back - because that means she's leaving the room!! Evil, but true! At first glance I wasn't sure if I hated it, but after looking at it a few times, I really, really hate this dress. It us just two types of ugly lace put together rather badly. It's just not flattering. Blech.And, last, but FAR from least, our dear Oprah:
Oprah, Oprah, Oprah. Can you not find a stylist that can find better dresses than this thing that made your boobs the largest things looming over the entire stage? Holy breasticles. WOW. Really just NOT a good look.Ok. That's all I've got on the Oscars.
In other world news, my dear, dear friend has a wonderful blog featuring her incredible illustrations. Today, as a huge surprise, she did a sketch of our dear Koty who had to endure some mighty awful stuff on Thursday night. He is doing much, much better, and Penny decided to put up her illustration and get her followers to send us some good, healing thoughts!
Please check it out HERE!
She's such a talented illustrator and just one of the best friends I've ever had. A real peach.
That's all for today, kids. I'm working all day as a fill-in assistant for my husband's father tomorrow, so I will not be able to be a bloggy person tomorrow. You will have to forge ahead without me!
See you on the flipside!



First off, how did the speech go? Secondly, Joan Rivers said Nicole Kidman's dress looked like she raided the Pope's closet!! Loved the comment, hated the dress. AND, how's Koty doing...Penny's drawing was awesome. xxoo
ReplyDeleteOh, Lisa!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to add the bit about my illustration! And thanks Lisa's mom!
And Lisa, you, too, hands down, are one of the bestest friends I've ever had and will have as long as I walk this earth and beyond!
I hope the puppers still healing fast, fast!
xoxo, p