Thursday, March 10, 2011

Koty's setback and FLOWERS!

So, if you don't know already, our poor doggie Koty had to go through yet another round of surgery on his neck. The wound basically burst open late Monday night just as we were all getting ready to go to bed. So, we rushed him to the emergency vet AGAIN and he has a whole new set of stitches and a new drain (yuck) in his neck.

Poor little guy is a trooper, I tell you. He's got a perfect appetite and is very spritely and happy despite all this terrible crap he's been put through in the last two weeks. But, he's good for now, so that's all I can ask.

In the flower department, I'm getting ready to leave for Wilmington, MA this evening. I'm giving a talk and doing planting demonstrations for the garden club there tonight. Meeting doesn't start until 7:30pm and I'm ALREADY ready for bed, so this will be somewhat of a challenge, to say the least!!

Anyway, in the good news department, I get paid to talk about and play with flowers! The back hall of our house is currently filled with good soil and beautiful spring flowers and greens! We have tulips, hyacinth, grape hyacinth, tete-a-tetes, primrose, oxalis, violas, grass, shamrocks thyme and flat-leaf parsley to plant!

Here are pictures of the colorful scene back there:









For those of us here in the Great White North, seeing all of those colors and blooms and GREEN just is so delicious!

Also, I like to mix it up and put food in with flowers! I plan to grow lettuce again in my flower boxes! They do SO nicely in there!! Last year when I did my talk for the Salem Garden Club, they were all just a-twitter with the idea of planting lettuce in containers with flowers! Revolutionary!! : ) hee hee!

So, I've got to find something to eat now and then I'm leaving here at 6 for the looonnnng drive ahead. Ack.

Wish me luck!

And keep the good thoughts coming our way for our little, healing boy.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Get well soon Koty !

    Think I will be passing by the month of April in MA this year.
    Depends on where hubby will be with his rehab at the house here in Sarasota,FL.
    Meantime...I sure am enjoying the blooming plants and greens here. :0)

    ReplyDelete