There suddenly is so much to talk about and so much to DO, that I'm finding it hard to find the time to blog about all the exciting things going on in the garden in the last week! Seriously! In the last week - BANG - everybody decided it's time for spring to spring and there are a million wonderful things happening! I'm elated is what I am!
First order of business is the A-Z blogging challenge. I owe you a K and an L to get caught up with it all...
K is for:

King of Hearts bleeding heart bush. These are adorable little guys and I just adore their cute flowers and dainty foliage. This came sort of out of nowhere in just a couple of days of checking!
L is for:

Lilacs! This was taken on Sunday. Here it is just four days later:

I realize it's blurry, but you can see the purple blooms already starting to emerge! MOST exciting!
In other world news, I did that talk on Tuesday for a club in Marblehead and had many leftover goodies which I planted today and then also whilst shopping for the flowers for the talk, I got a cute planter and some plants for my husband's Stepmother's birthday which was Tuesday evening. Here was the gift for her:

It's one of those adorable dwarf columbine with white alyssum and some curly ting branches! A happy little arrangement!
Here are the other leftovers from the job -

Tons of romaine lettuces! Yumm!

Pansies, violas, and romaine lettuce!

More of the same in the other garden bed...

And this lovely pot by the back door with a grass, cilantro, thyme, pansies, violas and lettuce. SO cute!
And, even more exciting, my herb gardens are officially outdoors! Since I cleaned out the back yard and was able to put the patio table back out there, I decided I'd put the herbs out there to begin their summer. I haven't planted basil yet, but will do so soon.

The chives are looking a bit sparse, but they will come in nicely in the next couple of weeks.

This is the thyme I planted years ago in here, and I had to add a fresh rosemary and sage. The plants I had in there over the winter were just not happy, so I replanted them.
That's all I gots for today! Will tell you more in the coming days since it's supposed to be quite chilly tomorrow and Saturday. More time for blogging when it's cold outside!
Hope you've had a good week! Friday tomorrow! Wooo HOOOO!
Talk at you soon!
Thanks for this article sharing. I really like write up. I feel so bad when I read title. But I enjoy this.
ReplyDeletedean graziosi
I have NO idea what the hell that guy is talking about.
ReplyDelete