Ohhhhhh! It's just so nice in the yard right now, tulips abound, bleeding hearts and lilacs in full bloom, my daphne is blooming, the lettuces are growing (so much so, I had some in my salad for the first time yesterday!), the herbs are thriving, and I've got my basil and tomato plants going already, too!
How much do I love to grow things? It makes me so happy, I feel like I could burst sometimes!
I've also ordered and received my beloved dwarf King Tut papyrus plants for the flower boxes. I still need the hubby to build two of them for me so he can install them and then I'll paint them and finally PLANT them! It's soooo late for me to have not planted them yet! Ack! Killing me!
So, let's get to the lovelies, shall we? Many for your viewing pleasure today!
First - a flower box that I did for a client a couple weeks back:

This photo did not do it justice. There was oregano in there, columbine, million bells, euphorbia, bacopa and verbena. It was very pretty in person.

This is a gorgeous, fragrant tulip that my dog mistakenly broke off from a neighbor's garden. Instead of letting it just lay there and die, I brought it home to enjoy by my sink and my pretty new buttery yellow orchid I have there now. It smells just delicous!

A pretty, peachy tulip that was my first to bloom this year!

This is the frittilaria that I planted last fall. They are kinda neato and I might put some more in this fall...They were taller than I expected - about a foot tall.

A look at the pretty plot next to the back door of our house. I have that gorgeous perennial grass on either side of the door and then the short, variegated type of perennial euphorbia that is VERY happy there! I have to hack it back every spring!

Here's the tomato and basil next to a pretty arrangement in the back yard...In the background you can see the herbs on the bench...

The gorgeous bleeding heart in the back yard. It is such a spectacular plant. The best $8 I may have ever spent in my life!

The lovely little plot between the two benches in the back yard. I recently added a purple clematis there to grow up that thingy. This year I am attracted to all things that have buttery yellow and purple together. That's obviously the theme for this year's flower boxes!

My wonderful variegated daphne. Man, do I love this plant! I've planted another one now across from this one - the new one is an everlasting flowering type, so it should continue to bloom all summer! Exciting!

The gorgeousness that are our lilacs in the back yard. This white one has easily doubled in size since last year, as has one of the pinky/lavender ones I have out in the front. The delicous fragrance is almost intoxicating! LOVE!

Close-up of the interesting double-petal variety of purple lilacs that are by the white one (and I'm afraid the white one is winning!). It smells even sweeter than regular lilacs and the individual flowering part is totally different than regular lilacs. I cut some for the house:

SOOOO gorgeous! ACK!
Hope you're having a good weekend. I'm gonna go get myself purdied up, as we are meeting friends for dinner tonight at our local favorite eatery.
Hope you enjoyed your visit here to the land of the lovelies!
More to come in between rainstorms. There is rain in our forecast for literally the next 10 days. I may be calling from an ark.
Later, kids!
You love your flowers and they love you.
ReplyDeleteIt shows. ;0)
The Land of Lovely is truly lovely...as is its tender! xxoo
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteI so love that spring is upon us even though all it does is rain...but I love everything you're doing! And I laughed out loud at the "variegated daphne" cuz I knows you you like that one! And thank you for your message yesterday!!! I'll call you tomorrow...
Hi Pal, thanks for stopping by! I so wish I had lilacs. They must smell heavenly.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until my larger hydrangeas out front bloom. They seem to be a bit slow this year. I was surprised that the tiny bush I just planted even bloomed at all. Perhaps I should cut the blooms off and so its energy goes to getting bigger!