Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ebola and Straws

Ok. Two things on here today. Maybe three.

Customer service? Is kind of dead.

I have been trying now for OVER a month to get phone service up here in no-man's-land, AKA Alaska.

GOOD HEAVENS TO MERGATROID. So, I finally succumb and go from Verizon to AT&T. But then I can't unlock my phone to deactivate the Verizon SIM card. So, that means I can't ACTIVATE my new AT&T SIM card.

So, I succumb again and just order a NEW phone altogether.

Well, THAT phone supposedly was delivered by FedEx yesterday. But it wasn't. Not at my address, anyway. I got no package, no phone, no nuttin.

But if you go on the FedEx website and track my so-called phone, well, it SAYS it was delivered here.

And then I tell the AT&T person that it wasn't, in fact, delivered here.

And, of course, the "customer service" person has to reiterate: "But that's what it says."

Then I have to write, "I know that's what it SAYS, but it isn't so. That's not the truth. There was NO package delivered here."

And then the "customer service" person tells me that I'll have to CALL the claims department. Well. OK. If I HAD a phone, I'd be HAPPY to call the claims department. But, see. I ordered a phone so I'd have a phone, but the PHONE WAS NOT DELIVERED.

So, that's been my day so far. Hours of non-stop bullshit.

Oh, and now Verizon is claiming I owe them $450 for something? What, I do not know, because I cancelled my service with them and had a zero balance due when I cancelled my service. But, of course, I cannot get any help via my computer...I have to - WAIT FOR IT -

I can only get help with this so-called bill I owe them IF I EFFING CALL the billing department. No, there's no one that can help you via live chat. You HAVE TO CALL.

Right.

And then yesterday I ran over a speed bump that wasn't marked well and I tore the oil pan or something off the bottom of my car, so it's now leaked all of its oil onto the driveway. And, in order to get the car fixed, I HAVE TO CALL THE FIXIT people. And, well, as you may have gathered?

I HAVE NOOOOO PHOOOOOONNNNNEEEEE!

Ack. Ack ack ack.

Sometimes I just hate everything. Except when things are great, then that's okay, I guess.

But sometimes? Ack.

And another thing? What on earth is up with our ridiculous obsession with plastic straws? I spent about an hour on Singing beach in Manchester, MA, picking up plastic bags, plastic packaging and about 850 straws in vary states of mangled-ness. Straws EVERYWHERE. Green ones, white ones, red ones, pink ones...

If humans are incapable of using their LIPS to drink out of GLASSES, then can we PLEASE go back to using paper straws? Or buy yourself a heavy-duty Krazy Straw (I loved those when I was a kid) and just carry your straw with you from place to place. Rinse it out in the sink when you're done and then throw it in the dishwasher to disinfect it.

Enough with the plastic straws, please. Just think about how often they're used - to mix cocktails, to drink soda, to drink WATER? Good heavens. Just use your mouth. It's portable and has many uses.

And then finally for my angry rants today, can we please ask our stoopid politicians to stop dictating what happens to the people sick from Ebola? Politicians have their heads firmly up their collective as*es on this one. Chris Christie needs to get a life and let the DOCTORS and health care workers figure this one out. Let's quarantine his ass in a cold room with a box for a toilet...

Ugh. Why we gotta all be so douchey to each other? For PETE's sake. Get a grip.

Jon Stewart, as usual, says it best:




No comments:

Post a Comment