Been a while since I blogged. Been a busy bee. Selling things, making things, cooking, seeing friends, working and then in my spare time it's endless paperwork and crap to get prepared for the big divorce settlement conference.
SO MUCH PAPERWORK!
All those poor trees. Yeesh.
ANYWHOOO, I've been busy is what I'm saying.
Oh, and I applied for three big jobs. Got turned down for one, am waiting to hear on the other two. Oh, and I've also been looking high and low for a new housemate since the last one was a total disaster zone. Found this nice guy who is a student and also works as a bartender at one of my most favorite restaurants downtown!
He's just getting vetted by the landlord today and that'll be that. He's friends with one of my GOOD friends who I've known since I moved to Alaska, so that's cool. I know he's nice, clean, quiet, does yoga and he reads in his spare time and does martial arts. FANTASTIC!
Change of subject alert.
Here's a photo for your viewing pleasure:
![]() |
| Isn't this pretty? I made it for a friend who asked me to come over for dinner! |
I'm eating purple soup.
It's so darn delicious AND pretty AND healthy!
Purple cabbage, chicken broth (homemade stock), purple onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, special spices and herbs from the garden including sage and thyme and celery seed.
OHMYGAWD. It's so darn good. And VERY very low fat (not that I'm worried about my weight - which is amazing to say after being overweight for years).
It's an odd thing moving to Alaska, getting all fit as a fiddle by just being here and being so active all the time. Yesterday my friend Kathy bought me a drink at my favorite bar - she's been worried about me with all the stress of the move, divorce, worried about people I love for various reasons, my little puppy dog that I miss more than anything, and needing to find a good job.
Anywho, I digress. Everybody's got shit they worry about.
The thing I was gonna say is that men of a certain age have absolutely no idea how to treat women. Again, as Kathy and I were rapt in conversation, this total stranger interrupted us and then insinuated that I needed to find a husband to support my fancy jewelry habit.
Um.
Excuse me, Mr. Assumption-Pants?
My fancy jewelry, BUB? 99% of that sh*t? I bought for myself.
And then he told me that I shouldn't wear my fancy ring on my left ring finger because:
"It'll turn guys off. You won't get hit on."
I verily said to him, "Well, it's not working on you, now, is it?"
And he laughed thinking I was joking. And he kept trying to talk to me even though I just wanted to have a drink in peace with my friend, Kathy! JEEEZ.
My favorite is when he informed me that I was the minority in Alaska. That there are 8 men to every 1 woman.
FASCINATING. Tell me more Mr. Encyclopedia Man! Please! Inform me since my blond hair and big blue eyes mean that I'm vapid.
And then he told me how pretty I was.
GOOD LORD. I know I'm pretty. Thank you thank you thank you men of the world for pointing out that I'm pretty.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'd rather be good looking and smart than ugly and dumb. That's fine. I get it that good looking people get advantages and have better jobs and all that rot.
However, when you reduce a person to the shell of WHO they really are, it's really quite insulting.
When I was overweight I didn't get told I was hot or sexy or pretty or any of that. The only people who still told me I was pretty were the people who love me and know me for the real me.
I find that sort of sad. I'm still the same person! I'm still that woman. There was about 40 more pounds of me, but so what? I still had the same face and arms and legs!
Personally, I think it'd be a great experience for everyone to be blind for a day. Get to talk to the person in front of you for reals without the preconceived notions that go along with how someone looks.
I know it's engrained in how our brains work and all that stuff. But I'm getting right tired of being oogled and pawed at and hit on when I'm with my women friends. Believe it or not, we're all not on the prowl 24/7. I don't like advances when they are not welcome.
I WILL let you know if I'm interested, but otherwise?
I'm ACTUALLY THERE TO WATCH FOOTBALL WITH MY FRIENDS!!
JEEZ.
I really don't get why it feels okay for these icky older men to assume that I want to go to their gross hotel room and have gross meaningless sex with some stinky old gross fart that is in town away from their wife and children.
GROSS!!!
It's nasty and MAN, would I LOVE for your wife to find out. I'd tell her every single horrible thing you said about her. And hopefully she'd leave your *ss and finally start having fun again instead of being married to a creep that doesn't love or respect her or the vows he took.
Ugh.
Ok. It's been a long week and it's only Monday!! Lord help us all!
Ciao for now. Thanks for reading.
xoxo




I don't visit Blogger often anymore, but it was good to see you Lisa. Take care. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete