Thanksgiving is exhausting, you know? All that preparation and cooking and cleaning and shopping and then, POOF! Before you can say "Yumm, turkey and stuffing!" it's time for the hours of cleanup. Why is that? Why does it go so quickly; the eating part, I mean. Something that takes that long to cook should at LEAST take 2-3 hours to enjoy, right?
Annnnywho, I'm glad it's done and everyone had a great meal and a good time. We always have these Thanksgivings with totally random sets of people here - the people who have no family nearby, or those who have lost family members and are lonely. My family are spread all over the US, from Michigan to Florida to the state of Washington, so for a very long time I was that person that people would have to Thanksgiving since I had no family nearby. I was most appreciative to have somewhere to go. The thought of anyone spending Thanksgiving alone is just a sad thought to me.
On an entirely different subject, I was hired today to do up a holiday wreath for a client today! Woo HOOOOO! They want it delivered by Sunday, so that means tomorrow I will be showing you the before and after of doing a holiday wreath! I know you must be beside yourselves with excitement, right?!!
So, go eat a turkey sandwich (I just finished mine!) and I'll be back tomorrow to discuss the finer points of wreath-making!
Happy Day After Thanksgiving or the shorter version, Happy DAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment