
Here's one of our dogs surveying the situation. Her name is Sadie. She's a peanut.

And here is the finished product! I ended up using hydrangeas and some grasses from my garden! It's November in New England, but I still have a few things trying to survive!


I generally don't like hard yellows in any arrangment, but somehow the vibrant yellow petals with the maroon centers seemed cheerful and added some pop to the hydrangeas which have faded to a muted blue/green with maroon. I also used green poms, a neat maroon/yellow larkspur and little white flowers on long stalks. (That's sad I don't even know the names of those!) For accents, I added variegated holly, two types of eucalyptus, and boxwood.
That's it for today. Will be doing some more flowers for my own holiday table tomorrow. If I have time, I'll show you!
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:
Post a Comment