The first girl was into skulls and bats and dead bugs and just dark, weird stuff. Now, if you're a goth person, I'm sorry to offend, but to the rest of us who love flowers and sunshine, that is just not something we can relate to. I felt SO uncomfortable going into her room to feed her frogs (very cute frogs) when she was away. It was creepy in there. And she had a giant painting above her bed that looked very much like a giant va-jay-jay. Not in a Georgia O'Keefe way, but in a very realistic way. Nothing subliminal here, kids!
Then there was the girl who never, ever came out of her room except to surprise you in the kitchen and then she'd be right back in that room. You'd go by there all hours of the day and night and would only hear the sounds of paper ripping. I finally decided she was an alien building a nest in there. Who knows!
The last one, a very sweet girl, had "woman problems" as she described it. I didn't need details, you know? One of the things she did to relieve these "problems" was to cook up these Chinese herbs in our kitchen and then she had to drink the "tea." Oh, how do I describe the smell? Hmmm. Let's say a mixture of dirt, poop, vinegar and rotten pickles? Maybe with a bit of patchouli thrown in there for good measure. It was absolutely horrific and the entire house would smell of this noxious mix for days on end. We were not sad to see her leave. Ugh!
I'll have to remember to tell you of some of my fabulous dates during the time I stayed in that house. Oh, I found some doozies!
So, to get back to the so-called theme of this blog, I got to go to my most favorite garden center today and get some more goodies to do a wreath for above long-time friend, another wreath for our house, and a garland for the front of our house. I kind of like to make sure our flower boxes and decorations are looking good year-round since I figure it's good marketing for my business, right? That's what I tell my husband, anyway!! : )
Here's the wreath I got up before it got dark here (which is pretty early right now). I wanted something simple and cute for the back door of our house.
I love that ribbon. It's silver wired ribbon that has millions of silver polka dots! Very happy. I found it today at the garden center - they sell so many good things there. Cute vases, baskets, artificial garlands that are very pretty, ribbons, stuff for cut flowers, every fertilizer known to mankind, organic dirt, awesome greens; you name it! I just love garden centers. Always have. I even love the smell of them, just like I love the smell of hardware stores. Is that odd? It's all earthy and smells so good and fresh. But not earthy like those Chinese herbs!



No comments:
Post a Comment