Not a lot out there in the way of really good tips, unfortunately. Look at this example I found:

This would be a "don't" in my book of Dos and Don'ts! Really!
Those poor, scraggly plants on either side of the spiky dracena in the middle? This is not the full, lush look that one strives for when planting a flower box, is it? It's really just sad and pitiful looking. Now, I do not claim to be THE authority on how to plant your flower boxes or planters...I'm just telling you that when I do fleurs for my clients or even here at the house, people respond quite positively! The trick is to really pack the plants in there and work with different heights, using types of plants that will grow tall, along with plants that will trail over the planter itself.
Here's an assymetrical flower box I did some years back:
While I'm not a huge proponent of assymetry in planters or flower boxes now, this really worked! Mostly due to the fullness and use of color.
Here one I did for a client:
Again, fullness, height, and texture are the things here...
Springtime flower boxes at our house several years ago:
And, finally, some planters I did for clients:
I'm totally itching to do some planting, but, alas, the weather will not be cooperating for about 3 more months!
Please let me know if there's anything else here that would be helpful!
Happy Spring (in 57 days!)!!



My brothеr suggеѕted I
ReplyDeletemіght likе thiѕ blog. Ηe was entirely
right. This post tгuly made my day. You сan
not imagine јust how much timе I hаd ѕpent for
this information! Thanκs!
Also visit my blog post : Terry Sawyer