Even the dogs are like, "Really? You want me to go out in THIS?!" I don't blame them. It's gross out there! Not only is it raining, but all the snow is melting, so it's a matter of dodging the icy remnants of the snow, giant puddles and the wind-driven rain! It's really soggy from literally all angles!
A theme you will probably notice over time in this here blog is the weather. Not only because I live in New England, and the weather here is strange and VERY changeable, but I'm also a weather geek. Seriously. Not only was I a science major all through school, all of my professional life has been dependent on the weather! Less now than when I worked as a whale researcher, but even now, I have to pay attention to times of drought, rain, and cold, as well as the appropriate times of year to plant, prune and fertilize!
The one thing we have going for us today is that it's 50 degrees! Not too shabby for January 25th! And, it's supposed to be about 40+ Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll take that! Back to reality on Friday...Brrrr cold again.
On a positive note, I have lost quite a bit of weight on our South Beach diet so far! Quite pleased with the numbers on the scale! Would still like to lose about 10-15 more, but I am definitely on the right path! So, YAY for that!
I don't have any pretty flowers to show you right now, so I will leave you with these cute pictures of Sadie. The way she looks now, compared to the look she had when we first got her is absolutely amazing! She looked SO unsure when we first got her...The confidence and security of her life just shine through now! Very satisfying to see, indeed! : )
Here is Day One, March 8, 2008:
Here is a recent photo, 2010:
Ahhh, the good life!



No comments:
Post a Comment