Saturday, January 30, 2010

You Just Never Know, Do You?

I've been away for a few days, sort of unexpectedly. I went for a visit to Michigan to see my Grandfather before he passed away. A sad and difficult occasion, for sure. Early in the week it was decided that they would start giving him morphine and whatever else was needed to keep him comfortable. My mother and I arrived on day 2 of this regimen and we got to see and talk to him before he slipped away into a drug-induced coma.

I was very glad I was able to see him even just for a little bit. He was seriously one of the best men on the planet. Kind, patient, true and just very sweet. They don't come any nicer than my Grandpa.

I am glad he is no longer suffering and that he is now free from his struggles. It's terrible what he had to go through.

Tomorrow will be a crazy day getting ready for our trip, so I will probably not be posting anything until after we get back!

Here are a couple photos of where we'll be:


Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. It is a hard thing, losing someone you love.

    Hope the blue water and palm trees help ease the pain. (And the tropical flowers, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to see him. Pawpaws are the best!

    I hope you have a good trip. Take lots of pics! Especially of old men in banana hammocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old men in banana hammocks. I heart Emmaleena up there.

    I am sad about your grandpa. Losing our grandparents sucks. I wish I could ever once type the word "our" when I want to, and not first type "out." Hate self.

    ReplyDelete