Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken soup day

We have yet another rainy, poopy day going on here. To make matters worse, I awoke today and my head is all stuffed up and I generally feel like crud. I've been extra tired all week and now I know why - fighting some sort of bug.

Last night made a delicious chicken dinner - still eating according to the South Beach Diet, phase 2 at this point. So, instead of stuffing or potatoes, I made delicious roasted vegetables and mashed cauliflower that you mix up with fat-free half and half and Smart Balance. It sounds disgusting, but it is really tasty!

We have a ton of leftover chicken, so I'll make a nice home-made chickie soup today. I figure that will help cure whatever ails me, right?

I was supposed to meet up with my good friend tonight to have dinner and then view a really interesting documentary here in Salem. The documentary is called Garbage Dreams. The film follows the lives of three teenagers living in the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt, in the world's largest garbage village. The boys make their livelihoods by collecting and recycling the trash of others, but a multinational corporation threatens their community.

The website is HERE if you're interested in learning more. Here is the link to the trailer. Looks really interesting and I'm sorry I'll be missing it due to this dumb bug I have.

One final note - finally something flower-related! Last week my husband's mother and her friend came over for dinner and brought flowers. A bunch of hyacinths were my favorite. They have all bloomed now and the house is filled with their gorgeous scent. When is spring getting here again?

No comments:

Post a Comment