You know what I love at this time of year? Tulips. They are in the grocery store, even! MAN, do I love me some tulips! They and hydrangeas compete for my most favorite flower of all. Tulips are wonderful because they represent spring, they come in wonderful colors and they last pretty nicely as cut flowers.
We are having dinner with my husband's mom and her friend who is here visiting from Washington, D.C. Now, many of you would cringe at the prospect of having your Mother-in-Law come over for dinner, but not me! She is a wonderful person. And, she is very supportive of me and all that I do. I know she will say that the dinner was excellent and that the house looks perfect. She is not one of those picky, critical MILs. I lucked out in the In-Law department. I even adore my husband's Dad, Stepmom and his brother and sisters! Really lucked out, which is nice since I am an only child. Growing up an only was just fine, but I find now that I'm older I'm really wishing I had a sister or brother.
ANNNNNNYway, back to fleurs...I decided to get a few bunches of tulips today, and I'm usually a purist. I usually get the same color for the living room, kitchen and dining room. Today, I mixed them up and the result was so very pretty!
Unfortunately I'm experiencing technical difficulties with blogger.com...It won't let me upload any images right now. I have no idea why!
In any case, I have loads of tulips around the house in white mixed with shades of pink. Very springy and happy! My amaryllis is also in bloom after growing a crazy long stalk about four feet tall! So, I'm happy today. I have flowers in the house and the sun is shining! Lastly? Good news - it's now less than a month until we change our clocks back! WOOO HOOOOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment